43

January 11th, 1995

Artemis POV

"Can I please go with you?" Cassie pleaded.

So Harry, Hermione and Ron are going to Hogsmeade today and they are coming up to the cave to talk to Sirius and I.

Harry has been put into the Tri-Wizard Tournament, he's only 14.

Sirius and I think a follower of my father put it in.

So Sirius and I are taking the kids up here, Cassie wants to go with him.

Cassie is almost never allowed out of the cave.

"Fine, you can go, but don't you dare go out of our sight." I told her.

We all turned into dogs and walked out of the cave.

Cassie was already ahead of us going down the hill.

She yipped at us to hurry up.

Once we reached the bottom we went and sat next to a tree behind the Hogs Head bar.

Cassie started rolling around in the snow and Sirius saw a newspaper and went over and grabbed it.

After a few minutes of waiting Harry, Hermione, and Ron walked up.

Harry was carrying a bag and it smelled of food.

Sirius trotted up, sniffed the bag, wagged his tail and gestured for them to follow him.

They started up the ravine and I barked at Cassie to stop playing in the snow and follow me.

She whined in protest before running over to me and starting up the cliff.

Once we were at the cave we transformed and went in, all the others have just sat down.

Harry handed Sirius the bag.

"Oh chicken." Sirius said excitedly.

We've only eaten small rodents, berries and scraps.

Sirius started eating the chicken like a maniac.

I smiled and shook my head at my husband and went to sit next to him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Cassie POV

Mom sat next to dad so I walked over and crawled into dad's lap and grabbed a drumstick out of the bag.

Harry, Hermione, Ron and my parents were talking about stuff that I barely understood.

Once I was done with the drumstick I reached into the bag to get another. But my parents (mostly my dad) had already eaten them all.

I tossed a small glare at my dad, who ate 3 out of 6 drumsticks. He smiled apologetically and ruffled my hair.

After another minute of talking dad broke open the bread and handed me half of it and broke the other half between him and mom.

I reached for the orange colored juice in the bag but my dad snatched it from my hands.

I grunted in response and he smiled and stuck his tounge out.

He chuged half of it and mom took some and dad let me drink the rest.

It tasted ok.

Dad smiled and then whipped the drink off my face with his sleeve.

Once Harry, Hermione and Ron had to leave dad was going to go with them down the ridge.

I transformed and followed my dad.

We sat next to a building until the others left.

I took some snow and picked some up with my paw and tossed it on my dad.

He wagged his tail, walked over and nudged me into a snow drift.

I yipped in protest and he barked back and wagged his tail.

He started back up the ridge and I scrambled up after him.

We transformed again and went back inside the cave.

"Time for bed Cassie." Mom said.

I went to my makeshift bed, made out of leaves.

After a while dad squezzed in next to me and slung his arm around me pulling me closer to him.

He's been super protective since the incident last summer.

I fell asleep to my dad snoring lightly.