4

September 1st, 1971

Artemis' POV

When the train rolled up to Hogwarts Severus, Lily and I got out and there was a giant man yelling at us to come over to him.

We went over to the boats and got on. I was in a boat with Severus, Lily, a dirty blond haired girl and a dark brown haired boy.

We turned a corner and saw Hogwarts.

It was beautiful it had lights on inside and it was a huge castle.

I felt a smash of water hit my arm and I saw Sirius smirking at me before splashing me again.

"Stop it Sirius." I told him.

I looked at the boy next to him, he had messy black hair and round glasses and was staring at Lily.

The two other boys in the boat were talking to each other. One had sandy brown hair and scars tailing down his face. The other looked a lot like a mouse, mousy looking face, long elf like ears and hair in patches on his head. And he looked like he was scared.

Sirius once again splashed me.

"Okay Black you wanna go." I said and we were splashing water onto each other and into each others boats.

"Watch it." Sirius' friend with glasses said when I got water on him.

"Hey you two knock it off will yeh." The giant man said and we stopped.

Once we were out of the boats at Hogwarts there was a stern looking woman looking at us.

"Follow me please." She said. She had this stern sense around her.

So we followed the stern lady up some stairs to two big doors.

"Now when you go in you will be sorted into your houses, Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, and Hufflepuff." The lady said before opening the doors.

My mouth dropped when I saw what was inside.

It was a huge room with a starry night sky on the ceiling making it seem like there wasn't any ceiling. There was four long tables going up and down the room filled with students. And a table going left and right with teachers sitting behind it. And right in front of the staff table was a stool with a really old looking hat on it.

All of us new students were talking about the Great Hall.

We all lined up in front of the stool.

Then the hat began singing.

There are four houses of which you could belong:

You might belong in Ravenclaw where they are smart and wise

Where the people with intellect will always find there kind.

You might belong in Slytherin with the cunning and ambitious

They are strong willed and will become strong leaders

You might belong in Hufflepuff just and patient

Those loyal Hufflepuff's are true to the very end

You might belong in Gryffindor where dwell the brave at heart

There daring nerve and chivalry set Gryffindor's apart.

So put me on and I'll sort you right

Put me on and let your fears take flight

And that was the end of the song.

Then the lady that called us in started calling names up to be sorted.

"Sirius Black". She said.

Sirius walked forward and the hat was placed on his head.

He probably won't get Slytherin though. He's not that kind of person.

"Gryffindor." The hat said and Sirius looked half horrified half revived. I couldn't blame him I don't really want Slytherin but if I don't my dad might kill me.

I oddly was one of the last ones up.

Once the lady called my name I walked up and sat in the chair and the hat was placed on my head.

"So what do we have here, ah yes the descended of Slytherin himself, where should I put you?" The hat said in my head.

"I sense hesitation for Slytherin." The hat said.

"I do think you will do good there but one of the hardest to sort I might say... SLYTHERIN!!" The hat cried out loud.

On my way over to the Slytherin table I received shocked looks from Sirius and Lily from the Gryffindor table.

I took my place next to Severus who got Slytherin with me.

He smiled slightly at me. And so did Narcissa from further down the table, she knew that I wouldn't get hurt now.

I love Narcissa, her and Andy are like my older sisters.

But Andy is considered a blood tardier for marrying a muggle born. I still love her though.

Then food appeared on the plates in front of us.

After the feast I was so full I felt like I was going to blow up.

The prefect's lead us downstairs through the dungeon to the Slytherin common room.

The black lake was right outside and it maybe the room look cool.

Then I went to my dormitory.

There were three other girls in my dormitory.

"Hi, I'm Artemis." I introduced myself.

"Whatever Riddle, just stay away from us creep." One of the girls spat at me.

Yep, what I expected people to hate me.

I decided that my dorm mates didn't like me so I slept on the couch that night.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys

So this chapter is pretty short.

Who's your favorite marauder?

1. Remus

2. Sirius

3. James

4. Peter.

I can't really chose between James, Remus and Sirius