11

February 7th, 1977

Artemis' POV

"Artemis' come on Professor McGonagall is going to kill us if we're late." Reggie told me as him and I ran to the Great Hall for a school meeting.

Once him and I sat down McGonagall began talking.

"As you all know Valentine's day is soon approaching. So I am please to announce that this year we are having a Valentine's ball, it is Valentine's day from 7 to 11, that is all." Professor McGonagall said.

Excited whispers filled the room as girls and boys all wore blushes on their cheeks.

Then people began going back to their common rooms probably to discuss who they would want to go with.

I don't really want to go with anyone.

And I still don't know who my mystery guy is who sent me the bracelet.

Maybe he will ask me and I'll find out.

For now Reggie and I walked back to his dorm.

You could feel a bit of awkwardness between us.

I want any though.

It was just that neither of us knew if the other was going to ask them or if one of us was going to suddenly tell the other they love them like in a dramatic movie.

"Look Reggie this doesn't have to be awkward, I won't feel sad if you don't ask me and if you ask me then so be it." I said.

"Ok, sorry but I don't really want to ask you, we're friends, good friends." Reggie said and I nodded.

I hate it when people say that a girl and a guy can't be just friends.

"So who are you thinking of asking?" I asked him.

"I don't know, I don't think that I'll ask anyone, if someone asks me then I'll go, what about you?" He asked me.

Should I tell him?

Yes. I should. He can keep a secret and won't get all squealy about it like if I tell Alice, Marlene and Lily.

"Reg did you notice this bracelet?" I asked him and he nodded.

"I got it as a Christmas present from some unknown person." I told him and he raised his eye brows.

"I'm hoping that whoever the heck it is will ask me." I told him.

"Well all I know is that it's not me." Reggie chuckled out and he went to sleep.

I stayed up for a bit thinking of who the mystery person might be.

I don't think it's Severus, we never ever talk anymore. I know it's not Reggie, because he said so.

So I don't know.

After a few minutes I fell into a sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now it's two days after the Yule Ball was announced and no one has even given me a glance.

Right now I'm sitting in potions waiting for Slughorn to arrive and McKayla and Lola came strutting up to me.

"Hey ugly little b*tch, just here to let you know that we've got dates and you don't have one, which doesn't surprise me." McKayla said and her and her group all giggled.

"Who are you going with?" I asked them just because I felt like it.

"Well Lola here is going with Gilderoy Lockhart and I am going with the one and only Sirius Black." McKayla said and I felt anger boiling up inside me.