8

September 20th, 1976
Artemis' POV

"I'll meet you there when I'm done!" I yelled to Lily who was half way across the hall.

It's after dinner and I'm on my way to the Transfiguration room.

My favorite and my best subject is Transfiguration. And I also love Care For Magical Creatures.

So, I talked to McGonagall about her helping me become an Animagus.

She actually said yes.

Before I go into McGonagall's classroom I went into an empty classroom next to it.

I'm going to try and produce a Patronus.

Usually a person's Animagus is what their Patronus is.

I took out my wand and remembered how to conjure a Patronus.

Think of the happiest memory you can think of.

The happiest memory I can think of....

See, I haven't had very many happy things happen to me in my life. Before I came to Hogwarts all I can remember is people screaming bloody murder and being alone most of the time.

Maybe when Lily, Marlene, Alice and I were hanging out in their dormitory (because I snuck in) and we were laughing a having a good time.

Yeah, that should work.

I took a deep breath.

Held my wand up.

"Expecto Patronum." I said and a tiny bit a blue light came from my wand but quickly went away.

I let out a long sigh.

The memory wasn't strong enough.

Come on Artemis. Think.

I looked out of the window as I was thinking.

I looked down and saw James and Sirius walking out to quidditch practice.

I smiled a bit as I looked at a laughing Sirius.

His pearly white teeth. His wavy, shoulder length hair. The adorable way he laughs.

Wait.... what am I doing?.... I can't be thinking about that.... Him and I will never be.... plus we only just became friends.

I shook my head to clear it.

Back to the Patronus.

Did I forget to mention his beautiful, stormy grey eyes.

"EXPECTO PATRONUM"!!!! I screamed.

A really bright blue light came out of my wand.

The light then turned into a German Shepard.

I watched it bounce and run around the room and it let out a bark before it disappearing.

"Wow." I said out loud.

Wait, what was I thinking about?

I thought back to when I cast the Patronus.

I was thinking about..... Sirius.

Are you kidding me right now, him?

Stupid girl instant's.

I don't want to have a crush on him. I don't want to. He's done so many things to me. I know he apologized for it but, it would just be weird for two former enemies to suddenly become boyfriend and girlfriend.

For now I'm going to put this behind me and get ready to become a German Shepard.

Wait... If we really had some sort of spark between us then our Patronus' would be the same. Maybe their different. But I may never know.

I sighed and pushed the whole Sirius thing into the back of my brain and headed to McGonagall's classroom.

I knocked on her office door and she opened it with a smile on her face.

She always reefers' to me as one of her favorite students. Me and Lily are her favorite's, but she'll never tell the others that.

"Hi Miss. Riddle, are you ready?" Minnie asked me, Minnie is a popular nickname for her that is going around the school.

"Yes, I can't wait." I said and went into the office.

"So did you read the book I gave you?" Minnie asked me.

"Yes I did." I told her.

She gave me a book called, The Secrets To Becoming An Animagus.

Becoming an Animagus is hard.

First you have to brew a potion.

Drink it.

Then you cast a spell on yourself.

And the process begins.

You have to take the potion once a day for a month.

Then once week for two more months.

Then you wait a week and transform.

It's a pretty long process.

Minnie is going to take care of reporting me to the Ministry as an official Animagus. If you don't report yourself to the Ministry you are considered an illegal Animagus and might go to jail.

"Okay here is the potion you made yesterday after school." Minnie said and took out the cauldron with my potion in it.

I made the potion yesterday in the potion's room with the help of Slughorn.

I'm okay at potions, it's not my best subject. But Slughorn likes me because I'm always willing to try.

I picked up the glass of potion and chuged it.

It was grosser than I thought.

I put my hand over my mouth to make sure I didn't spit it all out.

I swallowed and quickly drank some water.

"Okay now stand still while I put the spell on you." Minnie said.

"Animagus German Shepard." McGonagall said and then did a few non verbal spells on me.

When she was done I didn't feel anything but I know I will in a few weeks.

"Okay now you drink this everyday until October 20th, it should last until then." Minnie said.

Then I went out the door and up to the Gryffindor common room.

I usually stay with Lily, Marlene and Alice in their dorm.

Anyway, hopefully this Animagus thing works out.

A lot can go wrong if it doesn't work.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------