Things went like Jiang Ningbao expected. When the tyrannical momentum was gone, Yang Shuqing who was inside the carriage became feeble. Before she cooled down, she heard Duke Ding's cold voice reprimanding Heir Xie to be unfilial and unjust.

Her heart sank.

Unfilial and unjust.....how could her fiance have this kind of title?

Before she thought it through, she once more heard Duke Ding's punishment. Yang Shuqing blackened and almost fainted over. Today was the day she got engaged, but her fiance was punished with fifty wooden staves.

Once this news spread out, who knew how much dirty water would be spilled on her?

Especially on the day she persuaded the heir to let her specially greet Old Madam Xie.

Yang Shuqing became anxious. Before the two servant girls reacted, she already jumped down the carriage in anxiety and ran toward Xie Jingyi's side after lifting her skirt. Her breath was short and fast.

"Heir, this is slander, you cannot admit to the punishment."

Once he admitted, then won't he admit that he was not filial and did injustice?

Yang Shuqing could not let her fiance carry these titles. She could not let herself got the reputation of harming her fiance since whoever just had the engagement settled and then the fiance was injured, it was not a good thing.

Jiang Ningbao saw Yang Shuqing went down the carriage and ran to Xie Jingyi's side. Her lips curved to a playful smile. This new fiance and fiancee, one wore dark red brocade robe weaved with silver threads while the other wore dark red peony dress.

Those who did not know the internal workings would think that these two had mental rapport.

But Jiang Ningbao who read the book knew that this was all the idea Yang Shuqing proposed and Xie Jingyi complied.

Chapter 62

Heir Xie did not think that his fiancee would suddenly run over to stop this, his handsome face was stunned and he pursed his lips. His tone was calm.

"Shuqing, I indeed did something wrong. It is only normal that I am punished."

"I don't believe it. Unfilial and unjust, these are heavy accusation. I only know that you respect the elderly and are good to your brothers. How can you be unfilial and unjust?"

Yang Shuqing took a deep breath and regained her coolness. She scanned the guards around and spoke in a sonorous and forceful voice.

The handsome Heir Xie who knelt on the ground closed his eyes and bellowed lowly.

"Shuqing, don't ask!"

That's right. Before he liked Shuqing, he was indeed as she said to be respectful to elders and good to his brothers, impressive like the moon. But after knowing that Shuqing was a woman and knowing how he felt toward Shuqing, because she said she did not want to be a concubine and only wanted one life, one world, one pair of couples.

Because of that, he annulled the engagement he had since he was little and went back on his principles, becoming ungrateful. This was injustice.

For her, he knelt to force the old madam to agree to annul the engagement. This was unfilial.

Adopted father was right. He was unfilial and unjust.

He only wanted to bear the consequences himself and not let the woman he liked to know and felt guilty.

After being bellowed by Heir Xie, Yang Shuqing's eyes went red. She bit her lips, feeling wronged. She gazed deeply at him and stubbornly said, "Heir, forgive me, I only want to give you justice."