Chapter 35

🔸🔸🔸Aubree🔸🔸🔸

I noticed that Melly hadn't come back yet so I went to check on her. I knocked softly on her bedroom door opening it and peaking in. I saw her laying down with Michael. I softly called out to her,but heard her light snores. Today was crazy. She must be exhausted. I left the room joining the others in the living room. Awkward would be the perfect word that would describe the atmosphere. Noelle is barely talking to Jaylon. She doesn't like me,but it's understandable after what I said. I haven't had a chance to apologize. Sarah seemed to be the ties of the group this evening.

"What's going on with Melly?" Sarah asked.

"Uh she's taking a nap with the baby." I said smiling sheepishly.

"Oh okay. Hey am I the only one that's hungry? Seems like it's almost dinner time." Sarah said outta nowhere.

"I could eat." Jaylon said.
"You in the mood for anything?"He asked looking at Noelle. She was quiet for a minute.

"Umm can you get me the shrimp platter from that seafood spot on Broadway?"She asked with hesitation.

"Shrimp platter!"Sarah exclaims writing it down. "Seafood definitely sounds good to me. I'm gonna get the Cajun fish. Jaylon what do you want?"Sarah asked.

"Oh uh I'll get the Fish & Chips." He said clearing his throat.

"We'll I don't know what I want. I think I'll wait to order there." Reuben adds getting up from the couch. Corey nods in agreement.

"Oh me too. I like to change up my orders from time to time."Sarah said excitedly agreeing with Reuben changing her mind from three seconds ago.

"Okay cool so we're gonna head out,and I guess you'll call us to let us know what you want." Jaylon said assuming the girls were staying. I honestly didn't know what was going on. Everyone in the room seemed to be communicating something accept for me. Sarah walked over to me with my coat handing it to me.

"Come on you're going too." She said giving me a nod towards the door. She then turns around looking at Jaylon and Noelle. "And you two are gonna stay. Talk. We'll be back." She smiles putting on her coat. We left to head to the seafood spot. Corey,Reuben,Sarah and I.

"Ugh you know that we could've ordered before we left. Now it's gonna take a long time to be prepared,and we'll have to wait." I said with aggravation laced in my voice. Everyone just looked at me as we made our way to Jaylon's car.

"Calm down goldilocks. That was the point. They needed to talk,and we didn't need to be there." Corey said rolling his eyes. He didn't think I saw him.

"Talk about what? Whats going on?"I asked and again everyone gave each other a knowing look.
"Apparently I missed SOMETHING! What the hell is going on?" I asked climbing in the backseat looking between the trio.

"Well if you must know
they-" Reuben starts but Sarah puts her hand on his hand mouthing something to him. He looked from her to me.

"They needed to talk about their relationship is all." Sarah said looking back at me. I guess that was all I was going to get. So I just sat back in my seat,and stayed quiet for the rest of the ride. Reuben put the radio on to some random station. We listened to some rap music until we arrived at the restaurant,and needless to say it was packed. Sarah jumped out of the car to get on line. Soon after Reuben parked,and we all made our way inside to see Sarah was third in line. I excused myself to go use the restroom real quick. When I was coming back I over heard Sarah telling the guys why she stopped Reuben from continuing about Noelle and Jaylon's relationship. Great so now everybody knows what I said to Noelle.