Chapter 33

"She was gone?"I asked sitting there loving on my son.

"Yeah cause you know back in those days kids didn't have cellphones or social media to look people up like they do now. We stayed in touch though. Writing and calling when we could. More so writing because our phone bills were getting higher. I'll never forget the day she wrote and told me she thinks she might be pregnant. I damn near had a heart attack. I mean we only had sex once,but we thought taking each other's virginity protected us in some kinda way." He pauses and looks at me.

"Mhmm." I smirk.

"I knew that I had talk to her. So I waited until school was over and I called Tina. When I called her grandmother answered and I got an earful from her,but she wasn't bashing me. She was actually happy that I called. She told me your mother was scared at how I would react to the news. We talked for hours,and after that I wrote her a love letter. Thinking back we was so young,dumb,naive and 'in love'. Clearly living in a fantasy not knowing the true responsibility of our actions. When I tell you I was having heart palpitations when it came time to tell your Gigi and pop." He sighed rubbing his forehead.

"Oh my God. I could only imagine. Did you get a beaten?"We both laugh.

"Nope,but Gigi did try. I had my running shoes on. I got out of there real quick." He said and we both laughed again. He stopped and looks at his watch. "It's late Melody. Let's get to bed. We can continue this conversation tomorrow." He said nodding towards the clock on the stove. It was 11 o'clock on the dot. "Wow I didn't realize it was that late," I said stretching my arms. Dimitri was already up and taking Michael out of my lap.

"I got the first shift. Go get some rest." He said making his way to the couch. I didn't protest. That was pretty much our routine since he's been here. What am I gonna do when he leaves?
"Good night dad,"I said and headed to my room.

🔸🔸🔸

That week had past by so quickly. Dimitri was back home. My graduation has come and gone. I received my Degree in the mail, and now had to meet with the school committee today. Dean Guidice told me he would plead the case on my behalf,but if I'm being honest I didn't want him to.
I walked to the main office with Micheal in tow. Imagine my surprise when I enter to see my friends and a handful of the girls from my dormitory crowded in the waiting room. Sarah comes running to hug me,and Nicki went for the baby.

"What are you all doing here?"I asked in surprise hugging her back.

"We wanted to show our support." A girl name Vicki voiced in the crowd. I thank her and sign in at the receptionist desk. About five minutes later Dean Giudici and five other members of the board came out to call me in. Shock clearly written all over their faces.

"Ah good morning everyone. Are you all here for miss Harris?"One of the board members named Mrs.Warren asked. Everyone answered in a yes. "Oh wow,"She said turning to the other members.

"Maybe we can take this into the conference room. Since we have other people here." Dr.Timer suggested. The other members agreed and we followed them to a larger room down the hall. There were about twenty girls that showed up,and just as much letters submitted on my behalf. I almost started crying,but I composed myself. I did not expect this at all. We sat down to listen to what the members had to say.

"Good morning everyone I am Jennifer Warren. On behalf of the board and myself welcome. We are uh very surprised at this turn out today. When something like this happens we don't usually have large groups of people coming out to support individuals,but we are appreciative. This meeting will be conducted with Miss Harris. You may stay,but you have to be quiet. We will hear from y'all after everything has been explained. They proceeded to go over the guidelines and protocols,and I have to say it doesn't look good, but in all honesty I'm okay. It was then that Sarah looked around and raised her hand stopping the Dean in mid sentence. Noelle gave her a don't you do it look. She then stood up.