Chapter 19

🔸🔸🔸Marcos🔸🔸🔸

"What was that about Charlie?!" I yell throwing  a paperweight at him.

"What chefe (boss)?" He ducks playing dumb.

"I know why you brought your girl here,but why make them all come and stay? They all looked uncomfortable including  the Aubree girl,and not to mention Pablo was here. You know how he's been annoying me lately. I said throwing a pen this time."

Charlie smack the pen outta his way. "I know! And it may have started off with me wanting some ass,but I didn't want to be rude to the other girls. But I know you chefe. If she would've left you wouldn't have  seen her again,and I know you will deny yourself a moment..." He paused.

"A moment of what?" I asked looking at him.

"A moment of peace man! You have a lot going on,and sometimes you need a stress reliever if you know what I'm trying to say." He says raising his eyebrows.

"Why are you saying it like that? Like I'm.." I catch myself. I'm getting sick of everyone. Even someone I consider like my brother is working my last nerve. I don't think this life is for me anymore,but I can't just walk away from it.

If it was just sex,and I wanted to 'relieve stress' I could just go to a prostituta casa (whore house)

"Like what?" He asks looking at me.

"Nothing,just forget about it." He gets up and as he heads for the door.

"Charlie!" I call and he turns around. "Don't question me,and don't ever undermine my authority again. Whether we're around others or not. Whether it seems trivial or not. Think before you do. I know we're friends,but don't push it. We're about to go to war,and I don't need any minor distractions. You know as well as I do that my cousin,my father and uncle are up to something. My fucking blood want me dead! I have a lot riding on my grandfathers legacy. If I go down this whole operation is fucked,and all my soldiers including you will lose everything. It's time to focus. These girls are for the time being,but once they're gone that's it. End of story. If you want to pursue that little white girl go on ahead but do it on your own time,and be ready for the consequences. They,our enemies will get you anyway that they can." I'm finished trying to control my anger.

He nods in understanding. Turning his lip up and walked out of my office. That's what he does when we've had a disagreement, but sometimes you gotta snap people back to reality. We ain't living a lavish lifestyle for nothing. Blood,sweat,and death went into this. As I sat at my desk contemplating my next move. I suddenly found myself thinking of Melody. I liked her inquisitive nature. She was observant, and honest but seemed unsure around me. But learning that she's young an inexperienced made me completely understand. I too felt a connection. I would like to pursue something,but she falls under the category of distraction,and I don't need that. I was brought out of my thoughts by my phone ringing.

I quickly pick it up. "Falar (speak)..."

"Boss you were right. Pablo ,your uncle and father have joined o Sangue Fraternidade (The Blood Brotherhood)." I figured. It's funny how Pablo didn't mention that when he was here this morning. "Continue." I say.

"They are coming after your region. They have it in their minds that because you're doing so well its because of the drug cartel." I was silent for a moment. They are so near sided I thought.

"Chefe (boss) are you still there?"

"Yeah Lex I'm still here. Good work. I'm gonna need you to remain with Pablo a little longer. I'll let you know when you can leave your post. Keep your eyes and ears open." I have a feeling something is gonna happen.