Chapter 12

🔸🔸Carmen🔸🔸

Rah!Rah!Rah!!! I pop my head up from under my pillow to my very loud alarm blaring through my room. Was it always this loud? I was sleeping in such an odd position my body laid across the bed,left arm hanging off the side,right leg on Darrell's torso.

"Oh babe,why do you have the alarm on?" Darrell says as he turns to me.

"I must've forgot to turn it off," I say as I cover my mouth to yawn.

"Well please turn it off babe," Darrell asks as he smacks my butt sliding his arm around my waist snuggling into my shoulder.

I turn off the alarm, and turned back to Darrell snuggling into his chest. Not even two minutes later there was a knock at the door. We both open our eyes looking at each other. I lift my head to listen to see if I'm hearing things, but there it is again ugh..

Knock,knock....

"One moment," I say as I put on  my t-shirt.

I open the door to see one of the  girls from the dorm committee named Crystal. She is one of the runners up for the position as dorm director after I leave.

"Good morning. What's up?" I say as I stifle another yawn.

"Morning,umm first off congratulations. I know I'm a little bit early for the meeting you called for this afternoon," She smiles.

"Uh huh" I nod gesturing to continue.

"But I just wanted to ask,um can we start it now? Because I have some things I have to do today?"

She has got to be kidding...

"I said the meeting is at noon,all 200 girls in this here dormitory know this too. I'm not gonna change the time because you have some thing you have to do. If you miss the meeting you miss the meeting. All it is is potential candidates introducing themselves and votes." I say just looking at her while crossing my arms.

The nerve...

"Yeah,but if I'm not there." She genuinely looked concerned.

"Write something down and give it to one of your friends to read on your behalf." I was gonna continue,but chose not to. She needs to prioritize,and learn as she goes.

"Oh okay." She says with an attitude and walks away dismissively.

I really wanted to say something more,but I just couldn't. She's old enough to know better,and that was rude of her to ask. I thought about making breakfast,but I'm tired and seeing my sexy fiancé laying in my bed made me want to crawl back into his arms. So I did.

"Where were you?" He asked with his raspy morning voice.

"One of the girls came to ask me a question. Let's go back to sleep."

"Sleep? I have something else in mind." He says as he kisses me softly.

Sleep is for chumps..

           🔸🔸Melody🔸🔸

It was now 11:45 AM and we have this meeting at noon to see who are running for the new dorm Director position. I know of four girls. I don't know them personally. So I guess we'll have to listen to their pitches,and then cast a vote. Should be fun. A few minutes later other girls started to trickle in,and one came in with a poster of herself with a list written on it. I'm assuming she's running. Everyone who was gonna be here is here. Carmen came out her apartment in a black t-shirt top and jean shorts and fluffy purple house slippers. Looked like she must've washed her hair.