Chapter 201: Helen's Troubles

Start from the beginning

"Dad! Mom! Grey and Yuna are here!" [Helen]

"Oh, just in time! We've just finished cooking." [Gerd]

The mystery was now gone. With the new dishes in front of them, it was obvious what Helen was talking about. It was a tasting party! Yuna's eyes were already sparkling with glee as she looked at the dishes ever so happily.

"Mister Gerd! Missus Selia! Good morning! Are these new dishes going to be added to the menu?" [Yuna]

"Fufufu. That's the plan. Would you care to have a taste?" [Selia]

"Un! Of course!" [Yuna]

There was no hesitation in Yuna's eyes as she replied to Selia's question, skipping steps with enthusiasm towards the utensil rack to get a couple pairs of spoon and fork for everyone to use.

Well, it wasn't only her who was excited, Grey also was. Since Yuna headed towards the utensil rack, he went ahead to get a few plates for their use. Though he usually isn't as enthusiastic as Yuna, it was a tasting party they were talking about. There was no way he was passing up on such an opportunity.

Tables were cleaned, chairs were moved, and dishes were displayed. There was seared tuna steaks, citrus shrimp salad, grilled cod, potato and cod stew, clam soup, and many more. It was a seafood heaven.

"""Thank you for the meal!!"""

There was no need to wait. As soon as the tables were ready, everyone took a bite of the dishes before them, rushes of flavor flooding their mouths like the wavy seas. The umami of the seafood and the strength of spices blending ever so harmoniously.

Well, it wasn't just those flavors. There was also the sourness of the citric juices, the sweetness of honey and sugar, and also the spice of chilis and some herbs. Each and every dish offered different experiences. Nevertheless, everything was delicious. As one would expect from seasoned cooks.

"Mmn~! So delicious! I could eat these all day!" [Yuna]

"Hahaha! It's good that you like it. How about you, Grey? Any opinions?" [Gerd]

"No... Just like Yuna said, they're all delicious. They have a pleasant aftertaste too and very minimal fishiness. Did you use ground ginger?" [Grey]

"Haha, that's right. Garlic and some lime helped too." [Gerd]

Following the tasting, a somewhat lengthy discussion, only interrupted by the regular ordering of customers which they took turns tending to. It was a healthy discussion over some delicious breakfast.

Grey had already expected that seafood dishes would become more common with the opening of new trade routes with the coastline territories Eliza and Elise mentioned some time ago, but he never thought it would reach Galderia so quickly. Well, it was a pleasant surprise.

The discussion continued and a couple dishes were selected. Though it would have been perfect if they could serve everything, they are sadly limited by time and the amount of seafood they could purchase. In the end, it was decided they would rotate the dishes for everyone's best interest.

"Alright, that should be everything... Thank you for that." [Gerd]

"No worries, it's only natural that we help! And we'd also love to eat the new dishes as soon as possible! I can't wait!" [Yuna]

"Me too... Ah, speaking of which, we'd like to order breakfast now, please." [Grey]

"Haha, of course!" [Gerd]

Well, even if they have eaten a few dishes already, it still wasn't enough to fill their stomach. In fact, they were barely filled after eating so much. It was Grey and Yuna, after all. It was only to be expected.