38. Luna Accession

FREYA

“You look absolutely beautiful.” Joy remarks as she twists blue lupine flowers into my hair.

“The Alphas won’t know what hit them.” Coralie adds with a cheeky smile.

I stare into the full length mirror barely recognizing myself.

It’s been just over a week since Knox and Xander marked me. When I woke up after, I was shocked and beyond pissed to find myself back at Crystal Moon.

I don’t think I’ve ever sworn so much in my life.

Eva and Neo were there when I woke up and two pregnant females did the trick to calming me down and letting them explain that Knox and Xander wanted me to stay at Crystal Moon for the next seven days until the full moon. They would be preparing the pack for my Luna accession and wanted me to spend some final time with my family since they could not attend the ceremony as per Crescent Ridge tradition.

Later they linked me and added privately that the temptation to fuck me was too much and they wanted to wait until the full moon.

Tonight.

I stare at myself. The long strapless silver beaded dress fitting every curve of my body, shimmering in the morning light.

I will never again be mistaken for my twin Eva. My chest below my collar bones adorned with Knox and Xander’s tattoos, and both sides of my shoulders and neck marked with dark entwining swirls. Two Alpha marks showing the world the claim Xander and Knox, my mates, have made.

My hair falls in shiny waves down my back, a crown of lupines in my hair.

I take a mental image and send it to all my sisters down our link.

A rush of love fills me and happy tears threaten to spill. In Crescent Ridge, the Luna ceremony is a private pack affair. It is their tradition. The Luna accepts her place in her new pack fully with no representation from her past. I’m more than ready.

“Oh no you don’t, this is a happy day, no tears allowed.” Joy scolds handing me a tissue.

I have no makeup on except for some lip gloss so there’s no threat of running mascara.

Coralie tuts me as her daughter Amy rushes into the room looking angelic.

Her caramel skin, thick soft curls and bright blue eyes make her a miniature version of her mother. Dressed in a pretty white dress and holding a basket of flowers she smiles at me with two missing front teeth.

“Luna Freya, daddy said Alpha Bane is tired of waiting and hurry up.”

“Amy!” Coralie scolds as I laugh bending to meet the pretty girls eyes.

“I’m ready Amy, and you look so beautiful, thank you for being my flower girl today.”

She blushes. “You’re more beautifuller.” She gushes running a tiny hand down the shimmering beads on my dress.

“I’m going to be a Luna too one day.” She says confidently.

I smile and kiss her cheek.

“I have no doubt, but that’s a long way away, don’t tell your daddy or he’ll eat every Alpha he meets.”

She laughs slipping her hand in mine.

“Come, Luna! Let’s go.” She tugs me to the door, her mother and Joy chuckling at her antics behind me.

I follow the tiny girl out of the guest room and down to the backyard.

The whole pack house is adorned with flowers and lace, a sight which took my breath away when I arrived early this morning.