23. Genesis Bill

FREYA

My heart sinks as I watch Xander and Knox wave me goodbye from the pack house porch.

I told them to stay. To not come with me to the airport.

The way I’m feeling right now I just might break down crying if I had to say goodbye in public.

I’ve had the most intense forty-eight hours of my life and I want to leave with happiness and the sight of my males in front of my future home embedded in my memory.

I hold on to that image as Javier drives me to the airport. Sensing my need for quiet he thankfully doesn’t engage me in conversation but I see his eyes checking in one from time to time with a smile. Clearly reporting back my state to his Alphas.

The flight back to Crystal Moon is on time and uneventful and I’m home by lunch.

I have zero plans on how I’m going to tell my family but Xander’s advice was to let them bring up the obvious and go from there.

I like his plan.

Neo and Sebastian’s house is full to the brim with a hoard of screaming girls running through.

“Aunt Freya is here!” Someone screams through the house as I step in and am bombarded with a multitude of hugs and kisses.

“Oh my goodness did someone have more pups while I was gone I’m sure there’s more of you than before.” I laugh over the blonde heads of my nieces and meet my twins twinkling forest green eyes joining us in the living room.

“Hey sis!” I call making my way over to her.

“Wow, you got big!” I smile as she rubs her swollen belly.

“I’m so ready for these girls to get out.” Eva grimaces as I rub her huge stomach.

“Damn I didn’t realize how big you’d get with twins.” I stare in surprise.

Seeing her like this is in some ways surreal because I know I’m looking at exactly what I’d look like if I was pregnant. She’s beautiful, glowing, and happy. It’s all I want for myself.

Feeling deep emotions welling inside of me I pull her into a hug.

“I’m so happy for you. I know I’ve never really said it before but I’m glad things worked out for you and Dante. He makes you happy and that’s all that matters. I’m sorry for all the shit I gave you over him.”

Eva pulls back staring at me with tears and surprise in her eyes.

“Oh my Goddess. What’s happened?” She looks me over and I see the realization in her eyes as she scents me.

The smile that crosses her face rivals the sun.

“Freya! Did you meet your mate?” she squeals pulling me to her and sniffing through my hair.

“Shhh,” I hush her as a tiny blonde head runs streaking past us shrieking at the top of her lungs.

“Aunt Freya found her maaaattttteeeee!”

“Holy Fuck, Eva!” I whip my head around panicking as a dozen girls start jumping around me excitedly. This was not how I planned the news to be shared.

“Aunt Freya said a bad word!” another squeal resounds and the back door flies open.

My older sisters Arabella, Delilah, and Belinda come rushing in excitedly followed by Cordelia with a baby on her hip, and a very pregnant Neo.

“Okay girls everyone out on the deck go see your fathers!” Arabella orders in her firm Luna voice and after some grumbling the girls leave.

“Freya, you look good. And smell…happy.” Belinda, the subtle sister days,