5. Everything

FREYA

The view from the tenth floor of Bane tower is breathtaking. If only I could appreciate it instead of staring out blindly my thoughts consumed by a seriously sexy and completely irritating Alpha who just keeps popping up everywhere I go.

Why did he have to be so damn hot? I groan pressing my flushed face against the cool glass.

Hela simpers inside me, flashing his golden hazel eyes in front of me. I moan remembering how impossible it was for me to stop looking at him last night. I barely heard a thing Jake said to me over dinner and it seriously pissed me off. I mean he was on a date and yet spent most of it trying to seduce me with his dreamy hazel eyes, his gorgeous chiseled face, his incredible shoulders, his chestnut hair, and his oozing sexuality. Every damn thing about him made me want to melt into a puddle and let him lick me up off the floor.

I gasp at the thought banging my head hard on the glass.

"Owww." I rub my forehead

Hela huffs laughing at me. She loves seeing me flustered, such a pest. A horny one too.

She got so worked up after we left the club. The softness of his lips on my wrist burned all night, driving my hand into my panties as I drew out an explosive orgasm imagining those same lips on my body, tasting my skin and places I should have been ashamed to have his lips on. But I'm not ashamed. I am intrigued, fascinated, and drawn to this man in a way I never have before, and I sure as hell shouldn't be.

Ugh! I slap my hand on the glass wall. Trust Hela to get my panties wet over a player wolf. I shake my head.

Nope. Not me. He's not my mate and I'm not playing his game no matter how hot he is or how much Hela heats up for him.

I know exactly what kind of wolf he is.

Typical unmated Alpha who uses his advantage of good looks, power, and money to get any she-wolf he wants. Well, not this she-wolf.

I can't believe he tried to pretend he didn't know me after spending three hours staring at me and then hitting on me at the club. Then he had the audacity to ogle my breasts like they were breakfast. I am definitely not interested in his game whatever it may be. I choke on my lie. I'm so damn interested it's not funny.

Sighing, I walk away from the wall of glass to stand in the middle of the empty office I've claimed as mine, dismissing my insane thoughts. More than likely I'll never see him again.

Freya why are you blocking your link? Neo suddenly pushes into my mind link, breaking my train of thought. A welcome distraction from the mysterious and frustrating Alpha.

Hey Neo. Just enjoying my big city getaway. What's up? I can feel her curiosity down the link. I've been gone longer than I planned. What was meant to be a birthday weekend has now been over a week. I can't avoid going back and laying out what I'm doing any longer.

Just checking in, you haven't been in contact, is everything okay? She probes.

All good, I'm flying back this afternoon, can we catch up over dinner?

Sounds good. See you tonight. As expected Neo links off once reassured I'm coming back.

Damn, she's going to be pissed, but I'm not worried. It's done. I'm just going home to pack.