14. Deal

FREYA

I jolt as Knox slams the table hard with a fist, rattling the plates.

"Don't." He snarls leaning towards me, his eyes blazing angrily.

"There was no mistake tonight Freya. You made a choice every step of the way, you trusted how you were feeling, following your instincts. This is not a mistake Freya."

Even Xander looks surprised at Knox's outburst. He looks at his brother who leans back running a frustrated hand through his tousled chestnut hair.

With a sigh, Xander leans back in his seat looking at me.

"Knox did not want to pursue you. He did not want to take another's claim. Like you, he followed his instincts tonight. You both gave up something you held on to for a long time. It's okay to feel uncertain after that Angel, just understand Knox feels the same." Xander explains.

I look into Knox's eyes seeing my uncertainty reflected in the depths of his hazel eyes. Once again guilt seeps from me. Hela pushes me forward wanting to offer him the same comfort he gave us. Trusting the instinct I was born with I stand and walk to him.

"May I sit?" I ask and he pushes his chair out without hesitation taking my hand and guiding me onto his hard lap with a look of dark approval.

His arms circle my waist and I lean against his chest.

"I'm scared Knox. This is happening all too fast. I barely know you both and look at this. What is this?" I wave my arms across the cozy dining table, the three of us in various states of undress.

Xander leans forward pressing a finger to the table.

"This is knowing exactly what you want and getting it. You're a businesswoman Freya, you know what it is to have a vision and to achieve that vision."

I tilt my head with a raised eyebrow.

"Is that what this is, some kind of business transaction?"

Xander scoffs while Knox growls tightening his grip around my waist.

"You know it's not. You want me to spell it out?" Xander leans forward.

"That would be helpful. I like to know exactly what I'm dealing with here." I nod.

I find this easier if I do take a business-minded approach to this situation. Certainly, sitting here half-naked between two of the sexiest men I've ever encountered is doing nothing for my focus.

Xander nods.

"Knox and I have always known we would share a mate. This was confirmed when we turned eighteen and ran our first sunset. Knox found Juliet first, a Betas daughter from a minor pack, but when I arrived with my claim she balked. Her pack is quite traditional, and the very notion she had two mates disgusted her. She rejected us on the spot."

My heart wrenches with sympathy for them. I know the feeling all too well, but part of me, the jealous side is fucking over the moon she did.

Xander continues.

"We have not been in agreement over another female since, and we are certainly in agreement now that we would like you to choose us as your mate. We are twenty-eight. Our pack needs a Luna and you, my Angel, are perfect for us."

Knox nuzzles my neck growling low his agreement.

"You understand the pain of rejection as do we, you are a twin yourself, your wolf was born to be a Luna and the attraction between us is undeniable. Your wolf has claimed us, you have given your body to us, all you need to do is accept us as your mate." Knox speaks as if it is the easiest thing in the world.