33. Howler

FREYA

Jake arrives within the hour, much to Knox and Xander’s frustration as I refuse to tell them why I need him here.

“Please, just trust me. I’ll explain when he’s here.” I tell them.

By the time Jake joins us in the living room Knox and Xander have me seated between them, their arms caging me lest I fly away.

“Alpha Neo, Alpha Sebastian!” Jake says in surprise and stops at a halt seeing his Alphas in the living room.

“What are you doing here?” he asks shooting me a pointed look. Shit, I think I just got him in trouble.

Neo growls at him.

“I’m here looking for my sister, what a surprise to find you knew she was here all along and you didn’t tell me, Jake.” Jake gulps looking at Sebastian whose blank expression tells him he’s not getting any help from his other Alpha.

“Leave him alone Neo, he didn’t know where I was, he just did as I asked, Jake did you bring the papers?”

I get up meeting him in the middle of the room. He passes me a manila folder.

“Everything is here.” he says with a smile. He has no idea what has transpired and I appreciate his loyalty.

“Thank you, Jake.” I turn to Knox and Xander.

“I’d like Jake to stay and hear what I’m about to say. I suggest you call Daryl and Alec in as this will impact them as well.”

Knox nods and links the two Betas and as soon as they join us everyone finds a seat and I find myself center stage in the middle of the living room.

I take a deep breath holding the manila folder to my chest.

“On my way from River Run, I knew that by running away I was forfeiting my assets to Gage, but there was no way I was going to go back so I did what I needed to do to protect Howler. I’ve worked too damn hard to just let Gage take it. So just before I came here, I linked Jake and had him draw up a transfer of ownership.”

I walk to Xander handing him the folder.

“I’m transferring all my shares to you and Knox. If you sign this you will be the new owners of Crystal Tech. I will own nothing but the clothes on my back and Gage will have nothing more to take from me. I had Jake backdate the contract to the day I accepted you as my mate, which precedes the King’s amendments to the Genesis Bill. I know it’s not completely above board but I’m not letting Gage fuck me over again. He’s taken enough. Four Alpha’s, two Beta’s, and the Crystal Tech Chief Operations Officer acting as witnesses to the transaction should be more than enough credibility to hold the contract as legitimate. I know I’m asking you all to lie for me but I need this. Please.”

Silence descends. Xander stands taking the folder from me. He cups my cheek.

“You are as brilliant as you are beautiful.”

Knox takes the folder from Xander, walking to Sebastian and Neo.

“Freya is right. This is the only way. Do we have your support?”

Neo growls. “You don’t even have to ask. Screwing Gage over is going to be the second-best thing I can do next to killing him.”

Sebastian smiles. “You have our support, Knox. Freya is family, you are too now. We fight for our family.”

I lean with a relieved sigh on Xander’s chest as Knox, Jake, Alec and Daryl review the contract then go about collecting signatures.

“It’s just on paper Angel you know that. Howler will always be yours. Once this is over with Gage we will sign everything back to you.” Xander reassures me.