15. Friday

XANDER

"I don't like this Knox. She's ignoring us."

I toss a pen across my desk landing it perfectly in a holder filled with a dozen more.

Knox takes the holder pushing it away annoyed.

"I don't like it either but we said we'd give her time. So keep to what we agreed. Besides she's been busy with Howler's fit-out."

I sigh. Spinning in my chair to face the window overlooking the south side parkland.

It's only been three days but fuck if I can do any work. My table is a mile high with shit I've got to finish and I can't think of one damn thing except for Freya Highwater, her perfect pussy, and the need to complete the claim. Pollux is driving me crazy.

"I feel the same Xan. Castor feels good about this decision. I'm going to trust him. If she needs time, then we give it to her."

Knox reads my emotions easily.

Pollux growls. He's not patient. At all.

"She's not taking my calls, Knox, I send her flowers every day, chocolates, the works, and still nothing."

Knox snorts crossing his arms across his chest.

"What, the same shit you do for every she-wolf you want to fuck? Let me guess you want to take her to dinner too." He chuckles disdainfully.

I growl at his derision.

"Well, what would you do Romeo, when was the last time you dated? Oh, that's right, never. So why don't you leave it to someone who knows what he's doing." I toss a pen at him which he catches easily.

"I don't need to know how to date to catch a mate. She's a Crystal Moon wolf Xander, she's never dated either, her wolf has been waiting for a mate. Her wolf is not interested in flowers and chocolates. She wants a mate who will provide for her, protect her, love her." He says with a raised eyebrow.

I lean back in my seat.

"She doesn't need money or protection, she has all that already. Love will come eventually once we are mates." I reply feeling frustration growing inside me.

Knox looks at me like I'm stupid or something.

"I knew all that low-class pussy you were getting was going to fuck up your instincts."

I growl low at him but I hate that he's right. I don't know shit about being a mate or getting one. That's the Goddess's job. We just have to be in the right place at the right time and bingo - a mate.

For all my certainty about Freya being our chosen mate, the reality of convincing her to fully accept us is something I did not expect.

"Did you really think sex alone would do the trick?" Knox asks seriously.

"Hell yeah. Fuck that was the best sex I've ever had. She's amazing. Tastes like a dream, I could spend the rest of my life eating her out all day, fucking her all night, and never be satisfied. I know we gave it to her good, fuck I can still hear her moans in my fucking ears."

Knox nods with a chuckle as I adjust my hardening dick with a groan, laughing as he has to do the same.

"Well, she's certainly the best I've ever had." Knox jokes easing the tension as I gaff.

I've never been jealous of Knox before but part of me envied the purity of him and Freya being each other's firsts. Being drawn into the moment by Knox and experiencing secondhand that moment was incomparable to the hundreds of mindless fucks I've had in my life. I want to be able to give Freya a million special moments like that over and over again.