4. Going Up

KNOX

I don't know what the hell happened to Xander last night.

His date with Cynthia ended on an unusually different note. Sure he fucks her quite a bit, one of his usual go-to's, but his emotions are never heightened the way they were last night.

I was already in bed when my wolf Castor woke me. Pollux, Xander's wolf was calling him, drawing him into Xander's link.

Trying to figure out what was happening I pushed our link and Xander let me in.

I felt him fuck Cynthia as if I were there. As if it were me. It was the part of our twin bond I disliked the most.

I don't like being woken while my twin fucks a she-wolf I can't stand, giving me a hard on I don't want, and having to relieve it with my hand.

Usually our link stays closed for this. But Pollux wanted us there and I fucking don't know why since he knows I can't stand that rank climbing whore. Apart from the obvious I don't know why Xander wastes his time on her.

"Good Morning Alpha Knox." Fred the doorman greets me as I stride into the lobby of Bane Tower. I take pride in the fact Xander and I designed and built this building. A pivotal piece in our lifelong goal to rebuild our pack from the gutter where our great grandfather had left it.

"Morning Fred. How's Grace?" I stop for a second to speak to the elderly Omega.

"Grace is well, happy taking care of all the grand pups, and thank you for your help with Peter." He beams his gratefulness.
I shake my head.

"I did nothing Fred. I just put him on the waiting list for Epsilon training, as you know he has to prove himself once he gets into the program."

Fred continues to smile proudly. It's very hard for Omega-born to move out of their rank, but Xander and I decided when we took over the pack we would let every wolf have an opportunity to move into ranks of their choosing. If they were capable and could pass whatever the requirements were they could change rank.

It's not a popular method of running a pack and most of the other packs disapprove, but it works for us.

"You've done so much for us and the pack Alpha Knox. You and Alpha Xander. We owe everything to you both, I've never seen the pack in better morale in all my years. Now all you both need to do is find your Luna's and settle down." He smiles, ever jovial, as I steel myself from Castor's angry growl. The reminder he is still mateless setting him in a bad mood.

"Thank you Fred." I nod cordially, walking away toward the elevators and sliding through the doors of the first one just before they close.

Pressing the button for the twelfth floor my eyes fixate on the she-wolf standing at the back, every sense in my body leaping to life, and Castor rearing in a way I have not felt him do in almost ten years.

She stares at me in surprise and recognition. Gorgeous emerald green eyes capture mine and I almost forget to breath.

Her recognition doesn't surprise me. Most wolves in Crescent City know who I am. What surprises me is I have no idea who she is. I would never forget meeting a woman as stunning as she.

Castor rears forward and I haul him back sinking my hands into the pockets of my jeans.

"Are you stalking me now?" She says dryly. Her soft lilting voice sends shivers down my spine.

Her scent is captivating, strong, befitting an Alpha-born she-wolf, pure and sweet, befitting her unmarked and unmated status.

Castor and I are fully captivated.