37. Death

FREYA

Joy and Coralie each wrap an arm around my waist as we watch Knox and Xander and Gage, escorted by Daryl and Alec follow the Alpha King and Beta Cole out of the room.

“It’s going to be fine Luna. Alpha Xander kept us linked during the proceedings, we heard everything. You’ve already won.” Joy says squeezing me tight. I feel the comfort she offers me and turn to look at my Beta female with a frown.

I shake my head.

“I haven’t won until Gage’s heart stops beating.”

She nods her eyes gleaming proudly.

“Alpha Knox and Alpha Xander will not let him see another sunrise, you can be assured of that Luna. I’ve never in all my years of knowing them seen them the way they are around you.”

Coralie nods her agreement.

“You make them so happy, and they love you. You are the best thing that ever happened to them, and to this pack.”

“Thank you, so much,” I whisper, feeling strong emotions overcome me at the loyal love my females show me.

With that, we follow our males. I’ve never been more proud or more in love with them than at this moment.

They have given me everything, their love, and their trust. They restored my pride and dignity, honoring me with their words and actions and I will honor them. They go to fight for me and I will stand proudly by their side.

I link Neo as we walk through the sweeping marble halls.

Neo, how are you? I reach out.

I’m fine Freya. Perfectly fine. But my overprotective mate won’t let me leave this bed. She grumbles.

I can just picture Sebastian planting himself in front of the door to stop her from getting out. She is as stubborn as they come but Sebastian knows how to handle her.

Good. Rest, please. I quickly fill her in on what happened after they left and then link off after she offers me words of support which end with “decapitate the fucker.” So Neo.

The walk out to the fighting grounds is long and along the way, as my heels sink into the soft grass I take them off, feeling the fresh earth beneath my feet.

Hela surges forward excitedly. A challenge is in the air. One that involves her mates. Everyone here is on tenterhooks, wolves are out already the taste of blood on their tongues.

The fighting ground is nothing but a large circular dirt clearing at the bottom of a natural valley.

Royal Epsilons, clad in black, surround the rim facing outward as we approach.

Knox and Xander stand on one side of the ring and Gage stands on the other.

Breaking away from my Beta females I walk down the hill, a slight breeze picking my dress skirt. I realize how ridiculous we must look to outsiders. Dressed in suits and dresses standing around a dirt fighting ring.