22. Catching Feelings

XANDER

Nothing short of this pack house burning to the ground would make me move from where I am.

The softest, silkiest strands of blonde hair slip through my fingers and I can only stare in wonder at the female who it belongs to, fast asleep on my chest.

Her weight on me is nothing compared to the heavy emotions crushing my heart.

Fuck if my link with Knox was open right now he would laugh his fucking head off at me. I'll show him later for sure, but right now, this is something I need to wrap my own mind around.

How this stunning creature, in a matter of weeks, has turned my life upside down.

How her brave and daring spirit, constantly surprising me, pushing me, has knocked down so easily a wall I had around my heart.

I started this bond purely with lust and obligation in my mind. Freya Highwater ticked all the boxes I had lined up for what I wanted in a Luna for our pack.

Knox and I agreed on her. Check.

Our wolves agreed with her. Check.

Attractive and sexually compatible. Check.

Of good breeding and background. Check.

But of the numerous qualities I always thought were necessary, love was not one of them.

When Knox raised the issue before, I dismissed the notion as irrelevant to the task of finding a Luna.

Now I know it's as essential as breathing.

I love this female. I don't know when it happened, how or why. Only that she gave herself so freely and completely to me. She trusted me with her body and her heart in a way no one ever has. She has not judged me for my past even in moments when I've felt unworthy of her purity. For the life of me the very notion that she would do this for anyone else tears a gaping hole in my guts.

Freya, my sweet Angel, is mine. Her body, her heart, and her soul. I want it all. And I want to give her everything I have.

With a sigh, I sink my nose into her hair, drawing deep her scent.

I can't help how my body responds to her. Her naked breasts are pressed against my chest, her silky long legs hooked over my thigh, arms flung around my waist.

As a rule, I've never spent the night with any of the other females I fucked, and now I can't imagine not waking up like this with Freya on me like a possessive possum.

My cock twitches as I eye the round swelling of her ass under the covers.

Fuck she gave that to me last night, something I've never done before, something I wasn't sure she would want to experience. I didn't know if Knox and I would ever be able to do that, to fuck her at the same time, to be one with each other and her. I'd thought about it, dreamed about it, hungered for it, and she gave it to me so willingly.

I know Knox was as moved as I was, by the unity and unison of movements, feeling her body take us together. It was an experience unlike anything either Knox or I have ever experienced before.

She may think we ruined her, but she has obliterated any possibility of anyone else for us.

Mate bond or not, there is nothing in this world, not even the Moon Goddess, that can take Freya away from us now.

I roll her gently onto her back. She moans a sleepy complaint but stays asleep.

With a smile, I dive under the covers where the scent of our wild fucking last night remains strong.