26.

Trigger Warning for on page sexual assault.

FREYA

When I open my eyes all I see is white. It takes me a moment to realize I’m not in a hospital, just in a large room devoid of color or anything homely. Only a bed, a desk, three doors, and a closed window that shows the dark night sky outside.

I move my head tentatively feeling a residual headache as I look around pulling myself up in the large bed.

Touching my forehead I feel a small swelling but my healing has taken care of the worst of the damage. I feel okay as I move my limbs. Nothing else was damaged in the fall.

Immediately the anger returns.

I can’t believe I’m here or what happened. I need to get out and fast. There’s something about Gage I never saw before. He’s dangerous.

Neo? I try to link my sister.

Neo, please, are you there?

Again my link is dead. What the hell is going on? Did he drug me?

Getting up out of the bed I find I’m in nothing but my bra and panties. Furious that I’ve been undressed I look for my bags in the small room and find nothing. I try one of the doors and it opens to a small ensuite bathroom.

“What the hell!” I shout as I try the other two doors and find them both locked.

I thump one of the doors hard.

“Open this fucking door!” I shout and turn fast as the other door behind me opens, and Gage stepping in wearing nothing but briefs.

“Shut up Freya. I’m trying to sleep.” He growls.

“Where are my clothes Gage, why am I locked in?” I demand, folding my arms defensively over my chest as his eyes focus on my breast barely covered by my lace bra.

“You’re clothes are in my closet in my room. When you are ready come over.”

“What?” Again confusion reigns. I can’t keep up with Gage’s mind games.

He leans on the door frame his arms folded over his muscular chest. He’s certainly a specimen. Chiseled perfection, his abs hard ridges leading down to the swelling in his briefs.

I look away as he smirks.

“You can look all you like Freya. I have no problem with that. It will speed up the inevitable.” He says walking into the room.

I back away but prepare myself to kick his ass if he even thinks of touching me.

“The only inevitability is me leaving as soon as you open that door.”

He laughs and I hear a touch of mania in his voice.

“Do you know why I rejected you Freya?” He says again knocking me sideways with his misdirection.

“The Crystal Moon curse right? I can’t have sons.” I reply never taking my eyes off his movements into the room. He leans his hip against the desk and shrugs.

“That was a convenient out, I just went with it because it was easy. The truth is I don’t want a mate Freya. My lifestyle choices exclude one, and you were really not my type or so I thought. Fortunately, it seems Alphas Bane has brought out in you what I actually like in a female and now I think we can kill two birds with one stone.”

“What the fuck are you talking about Gage?” I growl. I’m so over this conversation.

He smiles, resuming his stalking toward me. His eyes glow gold as his wolf surfaces. I see the hunter in him showing.