Chapter 34: The Church

Start from the beginning

   " Are those Cinematic Records? " Sebastian asked.

   " Too far away to tell. " Grell replied, pulling Sebastian closer.

Sebastian didn't try to move his arm, but he did hold your hand with his free hand. Then, the man at the podium opened up the first book and started reading from the contents. 

   " I shall read the Doomsday Books of these impure, lost children. Jill Peasant. The second daughter of a farmer, she conceived a child at fifteen. Thomas Atkins. No especially evil deeds, but he has spent his life meaninglessly. That is a grave sin. "

Both naked bodies on stage had a black mist surrounding them, almost consuming their flesh. Their bodies shook, and above them, one of the stained glass windows lit up in gold color. Images started to play from the window. One was a woman taking care of her newborn child, and she looked happy. The second image was of the man, fishing and laughing at the river bank. 

   " This is. . ."

   " Snuff out the unworthy. Snuff out the unnecessary. Snuff out the unfruitful. Snuff out the unclean! "

The image of gold shattered, and the two naked bodies on stage started to scream desperately. The gold glow had gone, and so did the images or glass. The original stained glass window was still whole, and there was no crack. The two people had stopped shaking on stage, and their screams were gone, leaving everything to be silent. 

   " Now, nothing unclean exists on this dais. They are our brother and sister, made pure as snow! "

The two people were escorted off stage, with their robes placed back around them. Everyone cheered, excited and happy for the two pure people. 

   " Something's off. Those books weren't Cinematic Records. "

After everyone had left the sanctuary and the lights were off, did you discuss everything that happened.

   " Then he doesn't have the power to see the past? " Ciel questioned Grell.

   " Ah, you're still here! "

Behind you was a group of women with candles lit, and they were looking toward Ciel.

   " The heavens have smiled upon you! "

The women dragged Ciel away, with Sebastian following a few seconds later. You were left with Grell, alone in the sanctuary.

   " You know, you're not half bad. "

   " What? "

You turned toward Grell, who was still sitting in the pew. His legs were crossed, and his arm was draped on the edge of the seat. But his eyes were looking in front of him, toward the moonlight through the stained glass window.

   " I like you. You're going to be a fun one to keep around, and of course, I'll take your Cinematic Records when you die. "

   " Why are you suddenly telling me this? "

Grell turned his face toward you, still smiling.

   " Because, you're the only one, besides Sebas~Chan that I find entertaining. "

Sebastian had finished washing his master inside the room and placed him in a robe, like the others. But as Sebastian was folding Ciel's clothes, a blue plush box fell out of Ciel's long jacket pocket. Sebastian picked up the dark blue box and held it in his hands. Ciel turned and noticed what Sebastian was holding, a small blush coming to his cheeks.

   " Master. . .Is this--"

   " Give that to me! "

Ciel took the blue box from his butler and hid it within his robes. Sebastian stared wide-eyed at Ciel, knowing what the box was. Sebastian's eyes slowly turned into a slight glare directed at his master. He didn't like what the box symbolized due to his personal reasons and hunger.