“I have no powers, trust me if I had them I would have used them to get myself out of here by now or something. The least I would have done is get myself some food.” I screamed at him.

“I won’t accept this, I’m going to find someone who can figure this out and till then your going to stay here in this cell. I’ll send someone with food I don’t need you dying or getting sick on me.”

“Oh your concern warms my heart daddy dearest.” I scoffed with sarcasm.

“You need to learn your place and keep your mouth shut. I just need to keep you alive but that doesn’t mean I can’t torture you.” he growled and turned on his heel and walked out the door. I sat down on the hard bed and crossed my arms across my chest, maybe I could ask for a blanket when they came back with food. But that may not be such a smart move because I tended to push my luck when he came to people who could hurt me. If I started asking for things and then started talking back I would probably end up getting myself in a lot of trouble. I might want to start reevaluating my sarcasm and smartass remarks before I end up getting killed because of them. I suddenly heard the door open and I jumped up and saw a younger guy who looked to be about my age with a tray of food.

“Hi.” I said with my sweetest smile.

“Hello.” he responded sounding unsure of whether he should be talking to me or not.

“What’s your name?” I asked

“Jake.”

“Nice to meet you Jake I’m Alivia. Sooo what exactly is your job here?”

“Basically whatever the Alpha asks me to do.”

“Doesn’t that piss you off?” I asked as he pushed the tray of food in through one of the slots in the bars.

“I don’t really have a choice.”

“Why is that? Is he holding you against you will too?”

“No, he’s my father.” he answered and I gasped and dropped the tray of food spilling it everywhere.

“You’re my brother!?” I screeched.

“What? I don’t have a sister.”

“Well your dad is the scary guy who just left this room right?”

“Yeah, so?”

“Well he’s my father too. I guess he didn’t tell you he kidnapped his long lost daughter and is keeping her hostage to use as a weapon.”

“Your lying!” he snapped.

“Trust me I wish I was, I would cut off my right hand to not be related to that man.” I said and leaned against the bars.

“He would have told me if I had a sister.”

“Listen Jake I wouldn’t lie about this, but I’m hoping you’re a better person them him and can help me get out of here.” I said and gave him my best sad face.

“He says your dangerous, that he has you locked down here because you’ve killed a lot of wolves in our pack and he needs information out of you.” he replied his tone flat.

“I haven’t killed anyone I swear. My name is Alivia Marie York I just moved to a town called Stone Hill in northern California. I was adopted the day I was born and never knew who my real parents were till a few weeks ago. My mate is the Prince of the supernatural, his name is Kai. If you help me out of here I will give you whatever you want and my mate will owe you the biggest favor ever I just need you to let me out of here before he kills me or finds a way to unlock my powers and kills innocent people. I’m begging you Jake, because if you are my brother or even half brother I want a chance to get to know you when I’m not behind bars.” I begged and he looked like he was thinking about it.

“I don’t know what to think, I’ll go get you more food since you dropped yours.”

“Thanks.” I said defeated, he was my only hope and he didn’t even believe me. He disappeared out the door in which he came in and I sat back down on the hard bed and started crying.

    An hour later Jake returned with another tray of food and he slid it through the slot again.

“Eat that and we’ll talk.” he said and then folded his arms across his chest and leaned against the wall behind him. So I started eating the peanut butter and jelly sandwich he brought me alone with a bag of chips and a glass of milk. It wasn’t much but it made me feel a lot better then before and I was thankful.

“Thanks.” I said and crawled over to the bars and sat in front of them.

“So are you going to help me?” I asked.

“Maybe. I looked up your name online and your story checks out, well for what information I could find. I think if I contact your mate and send him your location that he can come save you and I won’t get in trouble.”

“I can’t leave you here Jake, in fact I refuse to leave you here with that man.” I cried out, I can’t leave my brother here with this power hungry mad man.

“What am I supposed to do if I leave?” he asked obviously scared and unsure.

“Stay with me, I’m sure my mate can convince the pack to let you stay and if you can’t I’ll have my future in laws take you in at the palace. I’ll make sure your taken care of, apparently you’re my brother and family is important to me.”

“I don’t know, but the least I can do for you is contact your mate. I kind of feel bad that my sister is locked in a jail cell in a basement.”

“Jake if you don’t come with me he’ll kill you.”

“Maybe.”

“No not maybe, he’ll kill you Jake.”

“What if he captures you again, I’d be your only way out.”

“I’m not taking that chance with your life.”

“Its not your decision to make, I’m staying. Good luck on the escape.” He said and walked out the door leaving me there in silence. Seriously could my life get any more complicated or any more horrible. Every time I turned around something bad was happening or more secrets were uncovered and I was sick of it. I just wanted my normal, simple life back was that too much to ask. So I sat there waiting for Jake to contact Kai so I could be rescued like a damn damsel in distress.