Chapter 13

*** Thank you everyone for continuing to read and vote it means a lot to me. This next chapter is the chapter before the grand ball. This isn't as exciting as some of the other chapters but the night of the ball will make up for that so stick with me. Also if anyone has any suggestions i am open to ideas.***

Chapter Thirteen....

When we returned for lunch I found Kai sleeping sitting up on one of the couches in the living room. He looked so peaceful sleeping, I think it was the first time ever I had seen him sleep. I walked over to him and brushed his hair off his forehead and as I went to pull my hand back I felt him grab my wrist.

“Hi sleepyhead.” I joked and he blinked a few times trying to wake himself up completely.

“You ready for that talk?” he asked.

“Nope, but I don’t think your going to give me a choice are you?”

“As much as I would love to let you off the hook I don’t think I’ll make it through the night without some answers.”

“Its not like you ever give me the answers I want, so why should I answer yours.” I responded trying to keep my cool because my day had been going so well it would be a shame to ruin it now.

“Please Liv, I won’t keep you long.” he said and stood up and took my hand and led me down the hall and brought me into the library. The walls were covered with tall dark wood bookcases that were filled with books, some of which looked extremely old while I noticed others were newer books about gardening and cooking. I smiled and thought of Lily when I saw those books. He closed the doors behind us and I started walking along the shelves just running my fingers along the spines of the books reading a title every so often.

“So what happened last night?” he asked.

“I kissed you, I thought that was obvious.” I said and laughed, sometimes teasing him was just plain fun.

“I know that, but I’d like to know why. I thought you didn’t feel that way about me?”

“Kai I honestly don’t know how I feel about you. One second I can’t stand you the next I just want to hold you and kiss you, and then my feelings of strangling you to death come rushing back. When I figure out how I feel you’ll be the first person to know.” I said all in one breath hoping he heard it all because I didn’t feel like repeating myself. He laughed and just nodded his head, “I guess I can live with that for now, especially if there is some more kissing involved…”

“Oh please, how about we go longer then a day without fighting and then we can talk about more kissing.” I replied and stuck my tongue out which made him laugh and pulled me into a hug.

“I’m not going to lie Kai, hugging you just seemed awkward.” I Joked and the look on his face was priceless. He let me go and I walked over to one of the chairs in the middle of the room and sat down.

“So how was shopping with my mom?” he asked sitting in a chair across from me.

“Really good, my dress for tomorrow night is to die for. I’m going to drive every man crazy and all the women are going to die of jealousy. Besides your mom then went on a shopping rampage and bought me everything a girl could possibly own even makeup.”

“Other men better not be looking at you tomorrow, don’t forget Alivia, you are mine.” he growled and I just smirked. His jealous side was starting to be sexy instead of annoying. Whoa did I just think that, I think being in the palace is messing with my mind maybe there is something in the water. Note to self do not drink anything but bottled water. I laughed at my own thought which made him look at me like I was crazy. We hung out in the library talking until dinner time. We arrived at dinner together laughing which earned us some odd looks from both his parents and the staff. Dinner was once again pleasant and Lily talked all about our dresses and the ball and Ezra just listened intently and would every once in awhile talk to Kai about different packs across the country. Kai didn’t seem too interested in what his father had to say he seemed more interested in staring at me and his food.