First off, I couldn't be soft with her in here. I couldn't hold myself back, or order people not to preform tried and true tactics because I didn't want Briar seeing them. And second, this was shit she didn't deserve to see. 

As soon as I entered the basement, I heard Thomas yelling and hurling insults at my men. I felt Briar squeeze my hand, and I turned toward her, "You're all good?" I asked and she feigned a smile, "All good." She confirmed, giving a thumbs up. 

I walked into the small room, first. It was similar to the one Briar was kept in, but bigger to fit more people. Briar walked into the room only a step behind me, holding onto my hand while her other hand clung around my forearm. 

I looked at Thomas to see he was sitting in the middle of the room, his hands and feet tied to the metal chair, and a bag over his head. He was still yelling, and flailing around so intensely he was on the verge of knocking himself over.

When we reached the table sitting directly in front of Thomas, I picked her up and placed her on the top. I cupped her jaw and ran my thumb over her cheek, and leaned down plant a firm kiss on her mouth. When I turned back around, I still stood in front of Briar to partially block her view of the man bound in front of me.

I nodded at Rich once to indicate the bag could be removed, and as soon as it was off, his face dropped at the sight of me, but more so when he spotted Briar.

"What the fuck? Don Beaumont? What are you-Briar?" He tried to peek around me, and I felt as my little lamb clutched onto the back of my suit jacket, and he spoke again, "Briar? I thought you were dead! Why are you-, what the fuck is even going on?!" He began to jerk around again, but I had heard enough, "Stop talking." I demanded, and he instantly stilled, shutting his mouth before opening it again more calmly "What is this even about? Is this about Mason? Listen, Don. I'm sorry-"

I interrupted him, "This has nothing to do with that treacherous man." I informed him, and he looked genuinely shocked, "What? If this isn't about Mason, what reason do you have for me to be here?"

"I don't need a reason to keep you here," I shook my head at him, while Rich let out a chuckle, "I can do whatever the fuck I please." I reminded him, and he stayed silent.

"You sexually assaulted Briar at the Bar, which is enough to lose your fuckin' hand, and your life if I deem fit." I informed him, "But as it turns out, when I went to find you to hand out your punishment, you were gone." I told him, and his face fell.

"When I talked to Oliver about it, he said you ran out on him too."

"That's all he said?" He inquired, but I wasn't answering his questions, "Why did you run?"

He didn't answer, and I looked up at Rich, nodding my head. He leaned down to quickly cut off a finger, and Thomas flipped out, "Oh fuck! My finger!" He yelled, trying his best to yank his hand up to his chest.

"Start talking, or you lose more." I demanded, and he started, "I wasn't running from you, Don! I swear! I was running from Oliver, I didn't even know you were looking for me!"

Finally, was that so goddam hard?

I focused back on him, "Why were you running from Oliver?" I asked, and he didn't say anything, still blubbering about his fingers.

I grew tense, "Want another finger gone, motherfucker?"

"It was her!" He yelled, and nodded toward Briar. I turned around to look at my lamb, and could see she looked just as confused as I.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I asked, growing more irate by the minute, and he began, "Listen, I was only doing what I was told! It was my order, and I was just carrying it out! It was either me or her!"

"Another finger." I told Rich, and Thomas cracked, "Wait! Oliver wants Briar!" He spit out, and Rich paused, "He's been obsessed with her for months," He started crying, "He assigned me to date her, and take her virginity." He huffed out a breath, and shook his head to gather his thoughts. 

"Oliver said he didn't want to have a virgin, so he told me to get her used to this world. He wanted me to date her so she could get more comfortable around this stuff. He needed me to groom her to be more obedient, and take her virginity. Then after it was done, I was to deliver Briar to him, and he would let me out." He started crying again, and I was too angry to even speak.

I felt as Briar placed her hand on my back, rubbing up and down, "Who is this man? How does he know who I am?" She questioned wide eyes and he instantly replied, "He met you when you were working at that restaurant. He came in one night, and said you told him off. Guess his small prick liked that, and he became obsessed." He told us, and I could see the gears in Briars head were turning, and once her jaw slackened, she let out a gasp, "Oh my god," She looked up at me, "I know who he's talking about."

•••

Thoughts?!