“What? Like here, Crescent Ridge gate?” panic grips me, there’s no way Neo would travel this far in her condition, or Sebastian would let her.

“Does she know I’m here?” I ask baffled as Xander walks over.

“No. They are looking for you. They felt your pack link sever. They are here on a hunch. A good one.” Xander says dryly.

Knox cups my face, seeing my panic rising.

“It’s okay love. We got you. You are going nowhere.” He kisses my lips gently and I feel the strength in his words.

“Okay,” I whisper back and follow him down the stairs, Xander as always bringing up the rear.

“Where is everyone?” I ask as we pass empty halls and rooms.

“Everyone is out the back waiting for the pack meeting. Don’t worry the Betas are dealing with them, they will wait until we are ready.” Xander replies as we walk into the living room.

“Alphas Bane, I know my sister is here I can scent her a mile away!” I hear Neo’s familiar authoritative voice. Shit she’s my little sister and not even my Alpha anymore but she can still make me cower when she gets pissed.

“Neo.” I say stepping out from behind Knox’s huge frame.

“Freya! For fucks sake where have you been? Do you know how crazy I’ve been? You shut your link, ran away from Gage and then severed the pack link, what the hell do you think you’re doing? It’s you two your fault, do you have idea what’s happened?” Neo storms toward me her sapphire eyes glowing with rage. Even pregnant she’s terrifying when she’s mad and I have no doubt if she wanted to whoop my ass she still could.

I step backward and feel Xander’s chest meet my back. His arm slips around my waist protectively.

Knox steps in front of me blocking Neo. Sebastian grasps Neo’s shoulder turning her around and behind him as he steps up to Knox angrily.

“Back off Knox.” Sebastian growls.

Knox growls back, cracking his neck.

“You’re on my land Kane, you back the fuck down. I won’t have another Alpha threatening my mate.”

Neo gasps and I pull myself out of Xander’s arms sliding between Knox and Sebastian, I press my palms against their chests pushing them apart. They don’t move an inch, snarling at each other above my head.

“Okay both of you calm down. My sister is pregnant, if either of you rile her up and my niece gets here ahead of schedule you’ll have me to deal with.” I look at Knox and he snarls at Sebastian pulling me against his chest smothering my face into his perfect pectoral while his arm slips around my waist.

I manage to twist around and find Neo’s eyes across the room where Sebastian has her tucked back into his side.

Shes so damn pregnant and angry she looks like she’s going to blow any second.

We stare at each other for a moment as we acknowledge the new distance between us that spans oceans.

Such is the mate bond. It supersedes even the closest of familial ties. Your mate becoming the one source of life and love you will ever need. I lost Neo to Sebastian almost a year ago. Now she feels the loss of me as Xander and Knox wrap their arms around my waist and I lean into their protective embrace.

“Freya, what are you doing? You ran away from River Run and now Gage has made a claim to the King that you’ve abandoned the mate trial. You’ve forfeited all your assets to him. Why would you do this Freya, for them?”