10

I ran to Issac's chambers. If he were really leaving I had to see him and talk to him before he had gone. I ran inside and he beat me here. "I heard." I said shutting the door. "I've ruined everything, my whole life and future to be king, gone!" Isaac said throwing stuff into a bag and packing everything.

"Don't say that Isaac. Your fathers favorite son and we both know it. And mother loves you dearly. I will not let her send you away." I said. "There's nothing you can do Helena. You have no power! You and me both know mother will not change her mind." Issac yells.

"I'm not just doing this for you I'm doing it for Mara. She's my friend I will not-" Isaac stopped me. "Just shut up, I'm leaving and not coming back. I made one mistake and screwed everything up. Just leave it alone." Issac said and he threw his wine cup on the floor and it shattered.

"Where are you going to go." I said sitting down on his bed. "Across the sea. She made it clear she wanted me Mara and the child farther than 200 miles from here and our home."

I felt bad for Issac. My mother was going to send her own child across to sea from making a mistake. I shoved my face into my hands and cried. All I could do was keep crying. "She's gone mad. I can't believe her." I said.

Some soldiers rushed in here. It was time for him to go. "No no not yet." I quickly stood up. They pushed me away from them and I fell. Issac didn't help me up. It was that serious I guess. They took Issac to the courtyard. I ran outside everybody was watching waiting to see Issac leave.

I ran over to my mother. "You can stop this. Mother you know this isn't right. Send him across the sea and you'll never see your son again." I said sobbing. She slapped me across the face. "That's the whole point, I don't want to ever see him again. And don't you ever speak to me like that again. Guards." She said.

The guard grabbed me and moved me back. "No!" I screamed and they covered my mouth with their gloves on. I was screaming so quietly their gloves silenced them. I started to break down and the guards just held me from falling on the dirt.

I tried to fight them and be released from their arms. All three of them would not let go. I stopped fighting and then just stood there. Suddenly the guards held onto Issac and he hadn't even gotten on the horse yet. Had mother changed her mind?

The guards let go of me and Robb came. I hugged him immediately. He didn't say anything but stood by my side. Made me feel safer than I felt beside the guards. Then they brought out Mara, she looked like she had been hit once. They kneeled her down. I knew what they were about to do. A guard came up and brought out his sword. "No." I wanted to yell but Robb whispered to me to shh.

Then he did it. Chopped off her head and it rolled on the dirty ground. They did it right in front of Isaacs eyes. I turned my head quickly right when they did it. Stuffed my face into Robb's shoulder. I sobbed quietly and he placed his hand on the back of my head and his other hand on my waist.

I turned back around and they had already taken her body away, and her head.. Issac was now about to travel alone across the sea. He got on his horse and some guards took him to where the ships left to cross the narrow sea.

My mother killed my suitor. My only friend in my home. Issac had been betrayed by his family. Did father know about this? Or did mother just command it.. sending him that far? It wasn't even that serious. And she killed her in front of Issac. With a baby inside of her.

***

Later on I laid down on my bed and just laid there, didn't move at all. The image was still stuck in my head, everything that happened all in that single moment. It will take me days to stop thinking about it, maybe weeks. I didn't want to see my mother and I'm sure the only way that would happen is if it stayed in my room.

I got up immediately and wrote a letter to Sansa. Knowing it would take a couple days to get this her and I was planning to send it to her at the end of the week. I told her what happened and other stuff.

I waited for a guard to walk down the hallway so I could give it to them. And they could give it to whomever delivers ravens to kings landing. I went back to bed after that.

For the rest of the days in the castle I did the same thing. Mother would be in and out of the castle, that would give me time to do what I needed. Like eat and train. Only things I cared about. Some ladies would come in in the morning and get me ready and at night.

Sometimes I'd check up on Bran, I hardly saw Robb lately, but I also talked to Alban a couple times. I did the same thing for 2 days.