Part 35

Steve

Steve didn't answer, just gently cupped Eddie's face. He wiped a tear from the smaller boy's cheek. "Hey." He whispered quietly. "Hi." Eddie answered. "Long time no see, huh?" "Uncle Ed, who is this?" The little girl tugged on Eddie's shirt. "Oh! This is your uncle Steve, the one I told you about, remember?" She gave Steve a puzzled look, and Steve gave her one right back. "You didn't tell me you had a sibling..." Steve looked up at Eddie. "I don't" "then why does she call you uncle?" "You've missed a lot Stevie, sit down and I'll explain."

Eddie

Two hours later, Eddie leaned against the door frame as Steve tucked Piper into bed. He smiled, the shock of seeing Steve for the first time in three years was wearing off, and joy and disbelief was replacing It. "Good night little princess." "Good night uncle Stevie" He shut the light off.

He walked into the kitchen, sitting down on a barstool. "I can't believe you're here..." Eddie whispered. "I can't believe it either," Steve admitted. Steve stood up, running a hand through his hair. "I really need a haircut." he groaned. "I really want to kiss you..." Eddie smiled. Suddenly, Steve pulled him to their first kiss in three years. It was even better than either of them remembered.

"I'm so sorry I left you alone..." he leaned his forehead against his lover's. "It's ok Steve, it was out of our control, but you're here now, we're together again." They kissed again, happiness swelling in both of them. "Do you think you could love me again?" Steve asked, furrowing his brow. "Who said I ever stopped loving you?" "So... you still love me?" "Of course Steve, I'll always love you. Do you still love me?" "Duh! Loving you was the only thing keeping me going all those years." He smiled. "I'm sorry about Charlie." "It's ok, he's probably looking down on us right now and telling us we're being cheesy" "probably" Steve laughed.

"Robyn's gonna be home soon, and then we'll have my trailer all to ourselves," Eddie smirked, running his hand down Steve's shoulder. "Oh? I see how it is, you just missed my mind blowing sex?" "Maybe." They both laughed. Eddie wrapped his arms around his lover and buried his face in his chest. "I missed you so much Stevie..." "not as much as I missed you, my little punk." Hearing the nickname triggered something in Eddie. The dam broke, and a steady flow of tears escaped. "Why are you crying? Are you ok?" Steve frantically wiped away as many tears as he could. "Ya... these are happy years Steve... I thought I lost you..." he sobbed. Steve picked him up like a baby, gently kissing his forehead the way he loved.

Steve

Suddenly, keys jingled in the door. Steve put his boyfriend down and ran his hand through his hair again. The door opened and Robyn stumbled into the house. She didn't notice the two men standing in the kitchen as she hung up her coat. "Hey Eds, thanks for-" she stopped mid sentence when her eyes landed on Steve. "Hey Rob." He waved shyly.

You all said you wanted to continue with one book, so here's a short update. Have a good day :)