Part 27

Steve

Steve carried Eddie to their room. The smaller boy had cried himself to sleep in Steve's arms, and his heart had broken with every tear. He tucked his boyfriend into bed, inspecting the red and purple bite marks on his neck, courtesy of Jason no doubt. He wanted to kill him. No, not kill, just hurt, a taste of his own medicine, as one might say. He balled his hands into fists as he walked downstairs and picked up the phone. He dialed Robyn's number, knowing there's a chance she wouldn't answer. To his surprise, the phone picked up, and he heard Robyn's quiet voice on the other end. "Is this important? I'm kinda busy" she mumbled. Steve huffed. "Well, Jason just raped Eddie, so I guess it's a bit important!" there was a moment of silence on the other end. "What?"

Eddie

Eddie woke up to the sun shining in his eyes. It took his brain a minute to catch up to speed, but then he wished it didn't as all the horrible memories flooded back. "Steve... Steve!" He called out, his brain replaying the memory like a movie behind his eyelids. He couldn't stop shaking, and he couldn't seem to catch his breath. Suddenly the light was too bright, and he winced, covering his eyes, only to find them wet with tears. "Steve!" He called again, but the sound of his own voice hurt his head. He curled in a ball, trying to get the images out of his head. Now he couldn't breathe at all, and panic filled him.

Suddenly, the door burst open, and warm arms surrounded him. The smell of his lover instantly calmed him down a little bit, but someone was still crying, and he wished they'd stop because it was hurting his ears. Then he realized it was him who was sobbing, and he gripped onto Steve like he was his last lifeline. "Shhh, It's ok, it's just me, you're safe, it's just me" Steve holding him helped a lot, and he managed to catch his breath. opening his eyes, he hiccuped. "I'm sorry..." Eddie mumbled, wiping his eyes. "Why are you sorry?! You just had a panic attack, I have them all the time" Steve smiled reassuringly, reaching to wipe another tear from Ed's chin. Eddie flinched, and Steve's eyebrows knitted with worry. "Did he hit you?" He asked quietly. Eddie shook his head. "I don't really wanna talk about it, can we just eat breakfast?" "Sure, I called us both sick from school, so we can just cuddle and watch movies all day, or we could check out that new diner we talked about, does that sound fun?" Steve gently kissed Eddie on the forehead. Eddie almost flinched again, but caught himself so he wouldn't upset Steve. "I was actually wondering if I could go to my trailer for a bit, to get a few things, and talk to uncle Wayne, if that's ok?" "Of course! I'll go make breakfast, then we can head out" Steve smiled at him then disappeared from the room.

Steve

Steve fiddled with his shirt sleeve. It had been almost an hour since Eddie went into his trailer. He'd said it would only take 15 minutes, but Steve didn't want to rush him.

Finally, after another half an hour of waiting, Eddie stomped out of the trailer, a backpack slung over his shoulder and an old metal lunch box in his hand. It was clear by the way he stumbled to the car that he was high as a kite. Steve sighed sadly. He should have guessed. Eddie was using pot to cope with his trauma. He shouldn't have been surprised, it was Eddie after all. Come to think of it, this was the first time he'd seen Eddie get high since that day at his trailer after Steve had gotten beat up. Eddie fell into the car with a giggle. "Hey Stevie, whatsss the matter?" He dragged out the S, so he sounded like he was hissing. "Nothing Eds, I just want to get you home until you sober up" "but I thought we were gonna go to that...what's it called?" "The diner? Ya we were gonna go, but I don't feel like it anymore" Steve grumbled, feeling selfish for being annoyed. "M'kay, we can go to the dinner tomorrow. Wanna have sex?" He asked, blinking up at Steve, who looked down at him with disappointment. "No Eddie, for many reasons." He was getting angry now, and he took deep breaths to calm down. "Oh. Oki doki, your loss" Eddie shrugged. Steve huffed and rolled his eyes.

Once they got home Eddie started digging through the kitchen for something to cure his munchies, and Steve hid in his room, the stress from the last two days making him feel dizzy. He grabbed his sketchbook and a pencil from his nightstand and began sketching a drawing of Eddie sitting on the hood of his car. He liked to consider himself a decent drawer, although he could always use some improvement. But This one seemed to draw itself, Steve's emotions spilling into the artwork. It took him almost 4 hours to finish, but he felt quite proud as he signed it and pinned onto the cork board above his desk with all his  favourite drawings and photos.

He walked down the stairs to find Eddie rocking back and forth on the kitchen floor, muttering to himself. "You good man?" Steve asked as he opened the fridge. He groaned. Eddie had eaten almost all their food. "I guess we're having pizza!" he said sarcastically, running a hand through his hair. He huffed and sat down beside Eddie. "Bad trip huh?" Eddie didn't answer. Steve sighed and leaned his head back against the cupboard.

"I'm scared Stevie..." he heard Eddie whisper. "I know Eds, and that's ok." Steve took Ed's hand into his. "I love you Eddie, never forget that, ok? I'll always be here for you. No matter what shit we get into, I'll be by your side through it all, because I'm your partner, that's what I do" Eddie smiled and leaned his head on Steve's shoulder. "Thanks Stevie, I love you, you're the best partner" Eddie giggled. "God I wish you were sober" Steve whispered, a single tear rolling down his cheek. 

Hope you liked this chapter, still crying from the last one. Have a good day :]