Part 33

Steve

Steve leaned over the bathroom sink, trying to catch his breath. He looked up at his reflection and barely recognized himself. His hair was a mess, and his eyes were bloodshot from the adrenaline. The blood had stained his shirt, but he didn't want to walk all the way to his locker to get a spare. He scrubbed the blood from under his fingernails and washed his face. Finally, he fixed his hair, took a deep breath and walked out of the bathroom. The halls were empty, since everyone was in class right now. He debated what to do next.

He jumped when the principal tapped him on the shoulder. "Mr.Harrington, there's someone here to see you" he said with a grimace. "Ya, ok." He followed the principal to the office, expecting Jason's parents or something, but his whole body froze when he saw who was standing There.
"Dad?!"

Eddie

When Eddie got to maths class he was disappointed to sit alone, but brushed it off, knowing Steve probably just got suspended or something. But he couldn't focus the whole hour, because of a nagging feeling that something was wrong. The feeling sent a shiver down his spine, and he couldn't sit still.  It was the feeling of danger.

Steve

"Where's mom?! Why are you here?" Steve studied this man he called a father. Kreig Harrington was a short, heavy man with balding black hair and a permanent scowl on his face. "None of that matters now son, we're going home and you're packing your bags." "What?! Why?!" "Doesn't matter, let's go." "It does matter! Where are we going?!" "You, are going to get cured." He started walking out the door. "Cured of what?!" Steve's heart raced, sweat dripped down his forehead. "You know why son, I will not stand for having a queer fag in my family. I found a nice camp far away from here, now let's go, the bus leaves in two hours" Steve's heart dropped.

"Can I at least say goodbye?" He whispered, a tear dripping down his cheek. He knew there was no point in arguing with his father, but maybe he could at least bargain. "No time, I paid alot for this facility, I won't have you missing the bus." "Oh." Steve's head hung low as he followed his dad out of the school. He knew he had no choice but to accept his fate, despite the anger and fear building up inside him. "How long will I be gone?" He asked quietly. "As long as it takes to fix you." His father grumbled. When they got out to the parking lot he spotted Robyn giggling with her friends. A tall jock had his arm wrapped around her waist, and Steve winced. When she saw him, she raised an eyebrow, and he shook his head, mouthing good bye and waving slightly. Her eyes widened and a confused look overcame her. He looked away. He didn't want to see her face as she put the pieces together.

He sat in The backseat seat of his dad's BMW, and looked out the rear window as the school disappeared behind them. Tears streamed down his face, and he wished, oh god did he wish, he could get one last look at his Eddie, one last kiss, one last cuddle session, one last goodbye. "Why are you doing this?!" He pulled his knees to his chest. "God, you're so dramatic. I'm helping you, and all you can be is ungrateful and selfish. I can't believe I raised a pussy!" "You didn't raise me! I raised myself!" He shouted, his hands shaking. His dad just rolled his eyes.

When they got back to the Harrington house, Steve frantically packed what he could, with his father yelling at him and all. He grabbed his suitcase and shoved a mix of his clothes and Eddie's clothes in, desperate to have anything to remind him of his lover. Then he spotted it. Eddie's leather jacket was slung over a chair in the corner. He ran to it, pulling it up to his face. It still smelt like him. This would do. Once he finished packing his dad rushed him to the car.

The drive to the bus stop was silent, which was probably for the better because Steve's head was pounding. His brain hadn't fully registered what was happening. His thoughts were filled up with worry. How would Eddie react when Steve wasn't there when he got home, what if he never came back, would Eddie be ok? He hoped he would move on, and find someone to help him heal. He hoped he would get help, not suffer alone. But it's Eddie, what could you expect? More tears streamed Steve's face. He didn't want to leave Eddie alone, especially after what happened. He hoped Charlie would protect him, take care of him. Maybe they could even be lovers, now that Steve was out of the picture. He hoped so, because he knew Charlie would treat him right.

They pulled into the parking lot, and a herd of kids were boarding a white bus, and most of them were crying. He took a deep breath and got out of the car. He grabbed his suitcase from the trunk and made his way to the bus. He looked back at his dad, who was smiling. Steve was shocked, because for the first time in his life, his father looked at him with pride and love. He could run now, he could ditch his bag and sprint so fast he fell off the face of the earth. But he didn't. He boarded the bus with the rest of the kids, mentally preparing himself for his new fate. 

Sry this is kinda rushed, and it was very heavy. Btw, I leave for summer camp tomorrow so this will probably be my last update until I get back at the end of the summer. I think I left you on a cliffhanger, huh? Any way, have a good day :)