Part 3

Steve

The two boys sat on Eddie's small couch, and neither had realized that they were slowly moving closer to each other. Steve had told Eddie everything that happened after Jason and his gang had jumped him outside his house. They'd thrown him in their car and then thrown him back  out in the trailer park, when it was still moving. "I swear if they go near you again I'm gonna beat their asses!" Eddie warned, and Steve chuckled.

Just then, Steve looked up at the clock on Eddie's wall. "Shit! I gotta get to work!" He shouted, but he stood too fast, and would have fallen over if Eddie hadn't caught him. "Careful little man, do you need a full time babysitter?" Steve just flipped him the bird and walked to the front door. He opened it, stepping into the warm June air. "Where are you going?" Eddie asked. "I'm walking to work I guess" Steve sighed, and began slowly making his way down the porch stairs.

But just as he made it to the bottom step he tripped again, and this time Eddie wasn't fast enough to catch him. He landed with a thump on the gravel. He groaned, spitting out dirt and trying to stand. "Careful darling, don't want you to break any more bones" Eddie held out his hand. Reluctantly, Steve took Eddie's hand and the smaller boy helped him up. "I hate you," he grumbled. "Ya sure, you know you love me" Eddie winked. Steve Blushed A deep red, and Eddie chuckled . "I was just joking ya know" he smiled and started walking towards his van. "Ya...joking". Steve bit his lip as he limped after Eddie.

Eddie

Eddie opened the passenger door of his van, and Steve plopped down. Eddie walked around to the drivers side and hopped in. "So, where are we headed?" He asked. "Can you even drive? Are you still high?" Steve asked him, sounding worried. "I don't know," he admitted, and Steve's eyes widened. Eddie started the car and began driving. "So where too?" He repeated. "Family video," he said, looking out the window. "Cool" Eddie answered.

Most of the drive went by in a comfortable silence, both boy's preoccupied with the jumbled thoughts in their heads. Inside Eddie was having a mini panic attack. He was sitting in the same car as Steve Harrington, his crush, the love of his life. But Steve on the other hand was trying to control the butterflies in his stomach. This wasn't the first time he'd felt this way for Eddie. He'd felt it with lots of other people, but With Eddie it was different, it was better.

As they pulled up to Family Video, Eddie smiled at the other boy. "You know harrington, you're not so bad" "really?" Steve asked, blush creeping onto his cheeks. "Ya" Eddie confirmed. "Well Munson, you're not so bad yourself," he said with a smile. "Even if you can be an asshat" Eddie chuckled. "Fuck you" Eddie said, sticking his tounge out. "You'd love to do that huh?" Steve teased, a sparkle in his eyes. Neither boy had ever felt this sense of joy and safety they felt now. "Well, talk later then?" Eddie asked. "Ya, later" Steve waved as Eddie pulled out of the parking lot.

The little bell rang as Steve stepped into the warm store. "Hey Rob" he said to the brunette at the counter. "Hey Steve. How are-" she stopped mid sentence. "What. The. Hell.  Happened. To you?" She asked slowly.

This chapter was sort of longer. Hope you liked it. Have a good day :)