Part 18

Steve

Steve woke up the next morning confused, unsure of how he ended up on the couch, and then it all came back to him. He sat up with a gasp, looking around. His bag still lay on the floor, but a blanket had been laid over him. It was early in the morning, and the sun was only just starting to shine through the windows. He stood, his bones still heavy with sleep. He walked up the stairs towards his room, calling for Eddie. Even though Eddie might have cheated on him, he still wanted to make sure he got home ok.

He opened his bedroom door to see Eddie sleeping peacefully in his bed, so calm and relaxed. At first Steve felt relief knowing that his lover had made it home safe, but then anger, that Eddie could sleep so peacefully after what he'd maybe probably done. He looked at the clock on his nightstand. 7:12 Am. He'd have to wake Eddie up for school at 7:30, but he hadn't decided if he was going to confront Eddie in the morning, or play it cool all day and catch him off guard later. He decided morning was better, might as well get it over with.

He grabbed clothes and changed in his bathroom before going downstairs to make a shit ton of pancakes, mostly to eat his feelings. At 7:45 Eddie sauntered into the kitchen like everything was normal, which Steve was 87 percent sure it wasn't. "Good morning Stevie, are we still on for movie night tonight?" Eddie asked, grabbing a fork from the cutlery drawer. "I don't know, you should ask your new side chick, maybe he wants to hook up with you again?" Steve hadn't meant to say it out loud, but it was too late now. "What?!" Eddie looked at him like he was an alien. "What the fuck are you talking about Steve? where is this coming from?" "Oh don't play dumb with me Eddie, I know perfectly well how this goes! you think you love me, but then you meet some younger, hotter dude and I get left in the dust! So you know what? Charlie can go fuck himself, if you didn't already do that for him!" Steve snapped. Tears streamed down his face, and a Broken sob escaped his mouth as he turned and ran up the stairs. "Stevie! wait!" Steve heard Eddie racing after him. He shut the bathroom door but didn't lock it, because to be honest, he wanted Eddie to come in and comfort him. And he did. He burst through the door like the house was on fire.

Eddie

Eddie thought the door would be locked, but it wasn't, so he stumbled a few steps when it opened underneath him. His heart broke when he saw his Stevie sitting in a ball on the floor, rocking back and forth, sobbing. He fell to his knees and pulled Steve onto his lap. His boyfriend cried into his shirt, and he rubbed his hair, trying to call him down. "It's ok Stevie, it's ok" he whispered. "Eddie..." Steve hiccuped. "Yes Steve?" "Did Charlie treat you right?" Eddie was once again stunned by Steve's words. "No!" He gasped. Steve looked confused, then mumbled "I'm gonna kill that little fucker if he hurt you!" "no! I meant we didn't sleep together Steve! I would never do that to you! I promise!" "You promise?" "I promise Steve! You're the only one I want. You hear me? I. Want. You!" He smiled. "I love you" Steve mumbled, burying his face in Eddie's shirt. "I love you too big boy, but we're gonna be late if we don't get going." "Fine!! As long as I get to meet your new friends, I want to make sure they're nice to you!" Steve huffed as they both got up.

"Alright Stevie, you can meet my friends today" Eddie giggled, standing on his tiptoes and ruffling his boyfriend's hair. "Hey! That's already going to take me all day to fix! I'm gonna get you for that!" Steve yelled, running, arms outstretched at Eddie. Eddie shrieked as Steve chased him around the house, both laughing. When Steve finally caught him he threw him on the couch and tickled him till he couldn't breathe anymore, and then they actually got ready for school. Needless to say, they were very late.

Sorry for the short chapter, Hope you liked it tho. Have a good day :)