Part 32

Steve

The next day Steve drove them to school. "Are you sure you wanna go? We can still back out..." He drummed his fingers against the steering wheel as they pulled into the parking lot. "I'm sure Steve," Eddie patted his knee reassuringly. "Alright, but if anything happens, find me, ok?" "Yes Steve." "Have a good day at school my love." He waved his boyfriend off as he watched him walk into school.

The first half of his day went by uneventfully, but that quickly changed when he watched Jason approach Eddie at lunch. Eddie's eyes widened and his hands started to shake. Steve was sitting at his usual table with Rob, but no one there ever talked to him, unless it was to mock him. He balled his hands into fists as Jason said something to Eddie and sat down beside him. Eddie looked at Steve, terror in his eyes. Jason shuffled closer to Eddie, and that was the last straw. Steve stood, anger taking over any common sense.

He stomped over to their table, and Jason just raised an eyebrow. "Do we have a problem, Harrington? Oh wait, we always do, because your a faggot!" The jock stood, his fist banging on the table. Eddie jumped, and Charlie whispered something to him. "Oh we do have a problem Carver," he grabbed the jock by his shirt and lifted him off the ground, his strength fueled by hate and anger. Jason was shocked by this, but not scared. "Our problem, Jason, is that you touched something that doesn't belong to you. You touched something that's mine. Do you know what happens when you break something of mine, Jason?" Steve raised an eyebrow. Jason chuckled. "You don't scare me Harrington, because you and your boyfriend are just weak little-" before he could finish his sentence Steve's fist connected with his nose. A loud cracking noise could be heard, and Jason screamed. Steve threw him down, his head hitting hard on the cement floor. The jock had blood all over his face, but he smirked. "You think you can hurt me? You don't know the things I've seen, the pain I've had to endure. Because you're a rich little princess!" he spat in Steve's face. By now everyone in the room surrounded them, but none of the teachers were brave enough to get in the middle of the fight, although Jason wasn't really fighting back. Steve straddled him and punched him hard in the jaw. He punched again, and again. He just kept punching, letting his anger out on the boy under him. Steve raised his fist one last time, but then he saw Eddie's face.

The boy looked terrified. But he wasn't scared of Jason, he was scared of Steve. He looked down and realized his clothes were splattered with blood, and his knuckles were split. He looked down at Jason, who'd gone limp on the ground, a pool of blood around his head. Steve stood and stumbled backwards, his heart racing. "I-I'm sorry..." He turned and ran out of the room.

Eddie

Eddie was frozen in place. A couple teachers hauled Jason to the nurses office, and the rest broke up the circle of kids, all whispering and gasping at the pool of blood on the floor. He stood there when the janitor came and moped the floor, all traces of the fight disappearing. Finally, he let Charlie drag him into an empty hallway.

"That was...crazy..." Charlie chuckled. Eddie let out a breath of air he didn't realize he was holding in. He slid down the wall, sitting with his head in his hands. Charlie sat beside him, staring at the floor. He took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes. "Are you good?" He asked, looking over at Eddie. "I can't believe he did that, I could have dealt with it myself." He grumbled, Fiddling with his rings. "But you didn't have to, because he was there when you needed him. That's dream boyfriend material right there," Charlie put his glasses back on. "I guess you're right. And that asshole deserved to be beat up, right?" "Yes! Anyone who does that deserves to rot in hell. I'm surprised you're as mentally stable as you are right now." Charlie huffed. There was a moment of silence. "I think I'm doing ok because that's what Steve needs. If you ask me, he's the one people should be checking up on." Eddie chuckled. "I mean, after today, everyone's gonna think he's a loonie" "well, he's my loonie." Eddie smiled. "You guys are totally soulmates" "soulmates aren't real ya know." "Maybe, but you two make a very convincing argument" Charlie patted him on the back. "Come on mate, I've got chemistry." "Alright, let's go."

Once again, if you find the reference, we can be bff's. Have a good day :)