Part 33 1/2

Steve

Steve sat in an empty seat near the back of the bus, pulling his knees to his chest. No one sat beside him as the bus pulled out of the parking lot, so he was free to let silent tears roll down his cheeks. He watched the scene change outside the window, and wished Eddie was here, because he would have loved the view. Eventually he drifted to sleep, willing it all to be a nightmare.

Eddie

Eddie was really worried when he found the house empty when he got home. He called Robyn, and she picked up on the third ring. "We've got a problem" "ya. where's Steve?" "He left school with his dad." "his dad? I thought he was in florida?" "turns out, he isn't. And get this. I was doing some research and there's a correctional camp that picked up a load of kids today, around the same time Steve's dad left town again." "correctional facility?" "it's where you send your kids when you don't want them to be gay" "oh." the realization set in. "he...he sent Steve to this...facility?" he whispered, a tear dripping down his face. "I think so." Robyn answered. "How long will he be gone?" "I'm not sure, there isn't much about the place, just that it has a high success rate" "is that a good thing or a bad thing?" "no clue. Do you need me to come over?" "ya, thanks." Eddie hung up, shutting his eyes. The last time he saw Steve he was beating a kid up, and now he was gone. He broke down. He fell to the floor, sobs racking his body. How could this happen? Everything had been fine this morning, and now Steve was gone. Pulled from his grasp by an unseen force.

I don't think this even counts as a part but it's kinda a filler cause the next part is going to be a huge time jump, so be prepared 👍 have a good day :)