Part 25

Steve

Eddie drove Steve to work the next day after dropping The kids off at home. "Are you ok?"
He asked as they pulled into the parking lot. "Not really," Steve whispered. "What's wrong Stevie?" Eddie asked quietly. "Ever since the accident Robyn hasn't talked to me, not the way she used to anyway. And haven't you noticed she gets a ride with her new friends everyday? I really miss her Eds, and I have no clue what's wrong." He was using a lot of hand gestures like he always did when something really upset him. "Do you want me to talk to her?" "No, I have to figure this out on my own, but thank you." Steve smiled gratefully. "Ok, have a good day at work honey" Eddie squeezed his knee. "You too, love you little punk." "Love ya" Eddie waved to Steve as he drove away. 

When Steve walked through the door he expected to find Robyn at the counter, but she wasn't there. He furrowed his brow. "Rob? Are you here?" He walked into the backroom. Robyn was sitting on a table, scribbling something on a piece of paper. "You're supposed to be working the counter." She didn't answer. "Whatcha writing?" "Nothing!" She shoved it in her pocket frantically. "Oh, sorry" he put on his staff vest. She got up to leave, but Steve got to the door first. "Why won't you talk to me?" Steve blocked her from leaving the room. "Let me go Steve, I don't have time for this," she huffed. Steve let his arm fall, tears threatening to escape his eyes. "You don't have time for me?" He asked so quietly that if Robyn was any farther away she wouldn't have heard it. Her eyes widened. "You know that's not what I meant! I just have work to do, ok? We'll talk about this later." And then she left Steve standing there, wishing the ground would open up and swallow him whole.

Eddie

Eddie walked out of the corner store, a jug of ice cream under his arm. He walked with his head down, intent on getting home. He decided to cut through the alleyway, worried the ice cream might melt it before he could get home. Only five steps into the alley he heard a voice. "Well well well, who do we have here?" The voice said with a chuckle.

Eddie groaned. "Seriously Jason?! I don't have time for this" he mumbled. "What a shame, I was really hoping we could have a little...chat." He stepped into the light, a smirk on his face. "If your gonna beat me up just do it now, I wanna eat my fucking ice cream" Eddie rolled his eyes. "Why would I do that?" Jason took a step closer. "Cause you're an asshole, that's why" Eddie grumbled. Jason frowned. "Ouch" he took one more step forward and Eddie took a step back, the ice cream slipping from his grasp and falling to the ground. "Where do you think you're going?" Jason whispered. "I'm waiting for your friends to appear out of nowhere." Eddie retorted. "It's just me, I promise" Eddie raised an eyebrow. Jason sounded sincere, and now he was just plain confused. "I have one question to ask, and then I might just let you go" The jock shoved his hands in his pockets. "Shoot" Eddie crossed his arms.
"How did you know you were gay?"

Saying Eddie was shocked would be an understatement. He was completely and utterly, dumbfounded. "W-what?!" He stuttered. Jason just sighed sadly and studied his shoes. This homophobic asshole, who'd almost killed him on multiple occasions, was gay?! "Are you fucking with me right now?!" Anger surged through him. Jason had done a lot of things, but this was the worst. "What! N-no!" The other boy's eyes widened and he took a small step back. And for the first, Eddie saw him for who he really was. A scared little boy who just needed someone to help him. And then Eddie realized he could be that someone. He had to go through it alone, but Jason didn't.

His expression softened. "Are you sure that's how you feel?" He said with a kind smile. Jason instantly relaxed. "Well, I've always liked girls, but lately, I guess I met this guy, and well..." he bit his lip. "I understand. Do you know what bisexual is?" Eddie asked. Jason shook his head. "It's where you feel attraction to both genders, and it's totally cool, Steve's bi too, so he'd explain it better then I can" "cool. Sorry about your ice cream" Eddie looked down and sighed sadly. The seal on the container had Broken when it hit the ground, and the contents were now a melted puddle on the ground. "It's fine, I didn't want it anyway," he chuckled. "Thanks for helping me, by the way," Jason mumbled. "No problem, if you have any more questions just let me know" he smiled once more, then Continued his walk home without ice cream, but with a lot of questions.

Sry I haven't updated much, I've kinda lost my motivation to write, but I'm gonna try and keep going. And we're over 7k reads! I never thought we would get this far 😍🤟🥳  any way, Hope you liked it, have a good day :)