After dinner Kai tried to get me back out to the fire fit but I declined claiming I was tired and wanted to get my beauty rest for the ball tomorrow. The truth was I just didn’t want another repeat of the night before because I felt like I was giving him the wrong idea. If I didn’t know how I felt about him yet I didn’t want him getting his hopes up even if he was my mate. So I went up to my room and took a quick shower and then ready for bed. I had taken a book from the library earlier so I figured I would kill some time before I went to sleep. I didn’t make it very far into the book before I past out. A few hours later I woke up screaming from nightmares, these were new dreams not repeats and they were scarier then the previous ones. I had actually believed the dreams were going away since it had been about a week since I had one of my dreams. I must have been more scared then I realized because Kai come rushing into my room obviously feeling my emotions, stupid mate connection. I was still screaming when he came in and he rushed to my side pulling me into his arms. I buried my face in his chest letting myself cry even though the only thing I really wanted to do was curl in a ball and sleep peacefully.

“Are you ok?” he asked checking over my body looking for some kind of injury to explain the strong emotions he had felt from me along with the screaming and crying.

“I’m fine, sometimes I just have these nightmares and I haven’t had one in about a week but this one was bad. It has to have been the worst one I ever had.”

“What was it about, maybe talking about it will help.” he replied trying to coax me into confiding in him.

“I was being chased by this giant silver wolf and I’ve seen this wolf in other dreams of mine, especially the ones that I think are of my mother. He kept chasing me almost like he was taunting me, I know he could have caught me if he wanted to but he didn’t. He followed me into the woods and had me cornered, he told me he’d get me when my guards were at their weakest. He said he would kill everyone I cared about if I didn’t go with him and do as he said. He’s going to get to me Kai, he’s going to find me and get me and use me against everyone.” I managed to say as I cried into his chest and he held me close and rubbed my back.

“Liv I will never let him get close to you, he will never get the chance to hurt anyone especially you. I promise to protect you for the rest of your life no matter what so when I tell you that you have nothing to worry about I need you to believe me.”

“You can’t protect me 24/7 and the guards can’t do it either, at some point I’m going to become vulnerable. There has to be a way to either stop me from getting my powers or to kill me now because I will not become a weapon, I refuse.”

“It won’t come to that and don’t even think that your death will solve anything. Promise me that you won’t even think about that again, promise me!?” he yelled but I could tell he wasn’t angry he was scared and upset.

“I promise…” I whispered and starting wiping away my tears trying to make myself look more presentable even though at this point I think it was hopeless.

“Do you need me to stay?” he asked.

“No, I’ll be fine but thanks Kai. You always seem to show up when I need you, or even when I don’t.” I said and gave him a weak smile. He leaned down and kissed my forehead and then tucked me back into bed and left my room. I sighed heavily and tried to find a comfortable position so I could fall back to sleep but I knew sleep wasn’t going to happen tonight. I kept tossing and turning until about 5:20 in the morning and then I was so exhausted I must have just drifted off to sleep.

    When I woke up later that morning I still felt a little tired but it was almost 10:30 so I thought it would be best if I got up and started my day. I took a shower and got dressed and headed downstairs to grab a bite to eat in the kitchen and then headed out to the patio. I was just sitting out there enjoying the sunshine when Kai came walking outside.