Death Becomes Her

I thought it would be a good idea for Ethan to give us some space. He had other obligations to tend to in Texas now that Jay had worked to clear the vampires from the area as requested. There was a bit of cleanup required and long over due. So he left the following morning and said he would be back in a few weeks when. He was finished. This was exactly what Jay and I needed. After being gone so long from the hospital I knew I had been fired and that was just fine by me. I couldn't work there anymore anyways. Being around all that blood would have been bad for me and the hospital.

I gave Georgia a call and lied to her, telling her Jay and I had traveled to Europe for a few weeks and we had just got home. She congratulated me on finding such a winner for a man and told me the hospital just wouldn't be the same without me when she learned I would not return. She knew I had been fired but had hoped I would try to get my job back in some way. She was sadly mistaken. I told her we would catch up some time later but for now me and Jay were just enjoying our time together after just getting back. I knew I was a bad friend but being a good one was the last in line on my do to list. I had other pressing priorities right now that had to be settled.

Most importantly, showing my man how much I need him in my life. When we weren't fucking, I was drinking from him or he was drinking from me. We spent two whole days in this pattern and it was glorious. I began to think I was well on my way to getting used to it. On the third day Jay thought it might be a good idea for me to feed from someone other than him and I got a bit worried. I had managed to stave off my hunger through Jay's blood, but he needed me to begin feeding off of others. He promised to help me and feed with me once we have found the perfect victim.

Is there such a thing? What constitutes a "perfect victim?" Sure I had no problem killing the man that almost raped me but how would I possibly be ok with someone I don't know, someone I have no animosity towards whatsoever? I was too soft in this moment to claim the title of product of Death and War. I needed to get stronger. I guess it was time to cut the few strands remaining of whatever humanity I had left. I decide the best thing to do would be to follow in Jay's footsteps on this hunt. I had faith he would find a way to make things seem feasible. Plus I was getting hungry after Jay denied me blood.

We drove to the next town over to look for a potential target. Jay didn't give a good God damn who he drained. He pointed left or right to people walking down the street to see what I thought. I shook my head no to them all. I began to think he was just fucking around trying to get a rise out of me. "Jay can we get serious here? I'm starting to get hungry. Quit playing these fucking games with me."

" Ok, ok.... just trying to get a feel for how hungry you are. How bad you want to drink." I looked at him with my fangs on full display and skin tingling. "Is this good enough for you?" He rose is eyebrows and gave me a slanted smile. "Perfect." He parked in a back alley way with lots of drugged out assholes lingering around. I guess he considered this to be the perfect spot. We started to walk and I let my hair hang over my eyes and made sure it covered up some of my face, even thought it was dark as sin outside. I started to pick up the pace, hunger leading the way.

Jay followed silently behind. Waiting and watching me. I crept through the disgusting alley stepping over needles and used condoms. I caught scent of human close to me and I wasn't able to control what I did next. A big man stepped out infront of me with a knife and told me I had walked into the wrong alley tonight. I looked behind me and Jay was gone. Well fuck. I turned back to the knife and said absolutely nothing, staring and waiting for him to make the first move. He was sizing me up, mentally deciding how he would take what he wanted from me. He left the knife lower just a bit and took a step forward, grabbing on to my wrist hard, trying to pull me into the shadows. I let him.

He was sloppy, wasted on something but still thinking he could pull this off. He twisted my arm behind my back and pinned me against the wall. I wasn't using my strength just yet. I was intrigued, let's see how far he gets. He held the knife to my throat and said "take your pants down." I still said nothing. Did nothing. I was waiting for the rage to set in as he was working as best he could to get me to listen. This was fun. I had zero fear, only curiosity. This man was at least twice my size but not really muscular, just an old fucking slob wasting away on whatever poison he could find.

He was getting annoyed and angry with me for my negligence. Good. He used the hand that was not holding the knife to reach for the button on my pants. He succeeded but right before he pulled them down I reached up and grabbed the knife. I held the blade and pushed it away from my neck. It slowly cut into my skin but that was tolerable. He noticed the blade slicing into my palm as I succeeded in pushing the knife away. I spun to face him and he was shocked as my speed. "What the fuck!" I reached up and grabbed his neck with both hands and pulled it down so I could whisper into his ear, "didn't your mama ever teach you... don't start something you can't drive baby." And I ravaged his neck. I bit clean through his windpipe and ripped it out, effectively ruining his vocal cords.

No scream, no speech and best of all no breath. I pulled his tainted blood into my mouth and drank. The feeble human drugs would do no harm to me. I would taste them and maybe get a tiny little second hand buzz from all the meth in his system but that's about it. I pulled blood until no more was left. I let his body drop to the ground and dusted myself off. Buttoned up my pants and looked at the sorry bastard laying on the ground. Did I feel sorry for him? Hell no. He was a rapist. Who knows what treachery he had committed in his short time walking the earth. It was a better place without him. Jay moved in the shadows and came to stand by myside. Looking down at my handy work and back to my face. I smiled a broad smile for him, blood stains down my face and chin, covering my shirt.

"I can get used to this."