Tally's Tavern

Georgia agreed to follow me to Tally's. It was just a few streets down from the hospital and extra convenient for me because after I took a left out of the parking lot it's pretty much a straight shot to my place. Despite being well after midnight Tally's was still pretty busy. I guess that makes sense for a weekend night. It had been almost 4 weeks since Georgia and I had been able to get off at exactly the same time on exactly the same night. Bonus it was the weekend and we were both off tomorrow. Sounds about like the devil knocking with a sly, toothy grin or maybe that's just mine and Georgia's footsteps slapping the ground on our way into the bar.

The light breeze on this hazy summer night had a sweetness to it. It had my mouth watering for a good time and a stiff shot of whiskey.

It wasn't a big place, just big enough to fit a few tables inside following the line of the well used Cyprus wood bar. Our favorite spot was a little corner in the back patio just big enough for us and a little fire pit. We got our drinks and giggled all the way to our old friend....the rundown table and two high top bar stools. The fire pit was nestled inside the table and was already waiting with welcoming yellow-blue wisps of heat.

" Well Georgia, I'd have to say this must be what kings feel like." She laughed and added "doesn't take much to please us!" And she was right. Sometimes you can feel like the richest person on earth even if you haven't a dime in your pocket, long as you got a good friend by your side and a stiff drink in your hand. We were exhausted from the long hours but happy to be in this moment together, laughing at just about anything and talking low enough so just us two could hear. Little did we know someone was watching us and listening in on our small talk.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw three men standing around the bar, each with a beer in hand. They kept sneaking a glance our way and laughing, no doubt working up the nerve to come and ruin our night. Just as I was about to tell Georgia we should call it a night here comes the herd. The taller of the three took the lead to our table. He took a sip of his beer with his stride.
"What would you ladies say to a few shots on us? See we got a little bet going as to who of us might match up with the two of you. And since we got three and y'all only got 2, looks like someone's gonna have to double up."

Oh they cackled at that. Those assholes thought that joke was God's gift. Well let me tell you it got me right red in the face. You see I was a whore on my own fucking terms, and I damn sure wasn't drunk enough to be one tonight.

Before Georgia could take a breath I let out a loud sarcastic laugh and looked the tall one straight in the eye. " aww that's sweet, but baby we ain't your type. Now run along and finish up y'all's circle jerk in the back ally and don't forget to wipe that little ones ass when you get to changing his diaper." Georgia busted out laughing and so did I. 

I looked the tall one in the face and felt content when I noticed my flushed checks had spread to his like some quick acting viral infection. "In others words, fuck off boys , mama's busy tonight and I ain't got the time or patience to waste another breath on you."

Oh he was mad. He was MAD mad. He stepped up way too close for my liking and bent down to look me closer in the face. His breath stunk like stale beer and old chaw in his lip. Neither one a good thing so having them both was double bad.

"Listen here bitch, I don't know who the fuck you think your talking to." He slammed his half drunk beer on the table nearly spilling my whiskey glass and took a step even closer, leaning in to whisper in my ear so only I could hear "A bitch like you needs to be put in her place, and I'm just the man for the job"

Before I could blink this raging dick of a man's head was slammed right into the table, then held only a few inches from the flame.

My eyes snapped up to lock with Jay's, whose beautiful green eyes had glossed over to a wicked black. "Are you hurt? Did he hurt you? Did he touch you?" The frenzy of questions were coming so quickly out of Jay's mouth I couldn't respond fast enough. Jay pushed his head closer to the flame and whispered "I've killed men for far less", then he threw him across the patio like a rag doll with just his one hand.

The two that remained wanted absolutely no part of whatever Jay was ready to deal and scrambled to drag their friend up and out of the bar.

I was speechless. I had never seen such a frenzy of raw strength tinged with fear. Georgia was speechless too. She looked at Jay with wide eyes and drained the rest of her whiskey. When she finally found her tongue all she could say was "where the hell did you come from"
Jay's eyes didn't move from my face as he assessed me. He waited on baited breath for me to talk, to blink, hell to BREATH. I couldn't tell if I was scared of this man or primed for fucking his brains out. I'm betting on the latter. Jay leaned closer and took another deep breath, long and slow. He closed his eyes and struggled to compose himself.

"Look ladies, I really need to be going but can I follow you home? Just for piece of mind?"