A Vicious Cycle

We walked back to the broken chevelle and it stared right up. Right after Jay kicked the rest of the broken windshield out. I got in the front and Ethan rode in the back. It was most definitely a windy ride back to my place, but we got there eventually. I wasn't sleepy or tired like I knew I should be. Instead I was restless. I put some fresh clothes on and wandered to the kitchen.

Whiskey was poured into a glass for me but I didn't much care for the taste. I wanted something else. I wanted blood. I was hungry, and images of a pulsing carotid artery were running through my thoughts.

I wanted to kill whatever I could put my hands on. The small black veins were beginning to show around my eyes and I could tell I was in trouble. The thirst was taking over me quickly. I started to look for a quick exit but the brother corned me. "Nic, calm down. You can feed from Ethan and I. Start with me first." Said Jay. I lunged for him and latched onto his neck, pulling blood. Held held onto me tightly and began to rub my back. I didn't much care for the affection so I pushed away and stalked to War. Maybe he would put up a better fight. "She wants a fight Jay she doesn't want you to just let her take it ....where's the fun in that!"

He taunted me and held his hand up to gesture me forward. My head tilted to the side trying to analyze a good tactic for attack. War was analyzing me too. Two predators stalking each other. We circled once more and I stepped forward only for him to step back. This pissed me off so I ran full speed at him, hoping my quickness would be to my advantage. He was ready. He picked me up and slung me to the couch. I scrambled up and charged him again, this time I was ready for his reach. I moved to the side and slung myself onto his back digging my fangs into his neck. He fell backwards onto the couch. I was beneath him draining his blood and he relaxed, letting me take my prize. My legs were still curled around his waste and he started to rub them softly.

I came up for air and licked his neck where blood was still flowing. It began to stop and again I was overcome with temptation. I licked one more time then began to kiss, his arm came up to grab my hair and he pulled me in closer. Jay was on top of him immediately pulling him away. "Alright you too this has got to fucking stop. Nicole, control yourself, you don't really want him its the blood pulling you to him."

I laid there and just stared at Jay. " what if I do want him Jay, what if I want you both? Sure I don't love him like I love you, that's obvious, but there is lust there. Is that just the blood too, Jay, or is it me?" He rubbed his forehead and pulled his hair back out of his eyes. "I need a moment to think Nicole. I've just rescued you, just got you back after all this. Discovered you are carrying my child. I want you to be on me like your all over Ethan. What the fuck am I doing wrong?" He walked away into my bedroom.

I stared up at the ceiling and realized I was acting a bit too wanton with his brother. I had become shameless in my vampire form. I rested my hand on my belly, wondering about my life and where it would go from here. Ethan definitely wasnt helping me to discourage my desires, if anything he was provoking me. I realized I needed to come to my senses and make a choice. Was I able to commit to only Jay and control my urges for Ethan? It would be hard but I wanted to make a life with Jay, not Ethan. I would be his friend and loyal servant in anyway other than in the bedroom. This I needed to hold strong to.

I stood up and looked at Ethan, ready to make my point crystal clear to him. "Ethan I need you to understand I want to male a life with Jay. I want to have this family with him, ands it difficult in more ways than one but I want ypu to understand and support my decision, ok? Me and you, we are but vampire and master. Jay and I are mates. This is how it needs to be, understand?" He just smiled at me and said "whatever you say darling." And walked off into the kitchen to pour himself a glass of whiskey.

I watched him walk away into the kitchen somber but proud. I didn't trust him to hold true to my wishes and that was fine. It was time for me to be strong. I walked into my bedroom and heard the shower running. I had totally forgot I was absolutely filthy so I decided to join him. I took my clothes off and walked into the bathroom. I slid the shower curtain to the side and climed in. He was standing with his head under the water, hands pulling back his hair, immobile. I leaned into him and put my hands around his waist, laying my head on his back.

"Jay, I know it hasnt seemed like it but i need to prove I want only you. I know it doesn't look like it when I'm overcome by the blood lust for Ethan, but I promise you from here on out I want to show you how much I want to make us work. I want this family with you Jay. You are the father to my child and the love of my life. Let me try to prove it to you." He turned around and grabbed me hard, digging his fangs into my mark. It sent chills down my spine and lit my insides on fire. No one else could do what Jameson Cain can to me. He has and will always hold the key to my heart.