Chapter 20 || The Hogwarts battle

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

You took a deep breath before deciding you weren't just goin to wait for everything to go down.

"Penny.. Penny wake up!" 

"what is it Y/n? Gosh you look pale! are you feeling well?" 

...

"it's starting."

with that, the first thing Penny did was pull you in a tight hug, "it'll be alright.. we'll do everything we can to win!"

*****

you checked the time to see it was around 2 A.M 

"sorry Draco, but I won't wait till sunrise."

Both you and Penny got out of your common room and went straight to the Gryffindor common room. Harry, Hermione, and Ron should be the first to know to avoid chaos.

as you were about to enter the painting of the common room, all three of them had stepped out.

"Harry!"

"y/n, Penny! we were just about to go looking for you, it's starting.."

"yes.. we know."

"Well c'mon now! let's wake all the others and have them all in the Gryffindor common room," Ron said as you all split up to wake the whole school up

*****

the common room was quiet, filled with confusion and fear. Some students were crying some were writing their final letters.

"alright, by now I'm sure we all know why we are here," Harry started. "Voldemort has reached Hogwarts."

"Now, a lot can happen. good things and bad things. Remember, we're all doing this for the same reason. protect yourself, protect others around you. Professor McGonagall is expecting all of us in the great hall." 

with that, everyone rushed to the great hall.

the view of everyone giving last hugs and last goodbyes broke your heart.

But, both Malfoy and Riddle were still not in sight.

you grew worried.

*****

and like that, the battle of Hogwarts started.

everywhere you looked, spells were casted, death eaters surrounded all of you.

You were fighting a death eater near Penny. Sweat dripping down as you tried to defeat them. 

not long after, from the corner of your eye you saw a death eater behind Penny, ready to attack her from behind.

"PENNY LOOK OUT!"

without any other thought, you ran behind her and created a bubble shield around both of you.

with your mind still focus, hand still steadily holding the form of the shield, you turn your head around, "alright there, Penny?" 

"yeah, thanks!" she said relieved 

you gave her a smile before concentrating on the shield. you pushed the shield further making it break and somewhat exploded making the many death eaters around getting burned alive.