Chapter 10 || First Task

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

You and your friends eagerly helped Harry prepare for the first task. 

Besides helping him through research about dragons, you all also kept him company. Sometimes after a long day of training, Harry would treat you all with some butterbeer. You four actually had an amazing time together, whether it was training or not.

-

Penny and you watched from afar as Mattheo taught Harry some spells. 

"you know you're supposed to watch Harry and see if he's making any mistakes right?" Penny said tilting her head to you. "what do you mean? I AM watching him! what did you think I was looking at? The ground??" you start rambling knowing damn well you weren't paying attention to Harry. 

"yes, nobody can tell that you have an obsession over Mattheo Riddle." she rolled her eyes.

"who has an obsession with me?" to your horror Mattheo and Harry were done practicing and had already walked over to you guys.

"oh you're done? how do you feel Harry? ready for tomorrow?" you asked quickly changing the topic. 

"I think so! thanks for helping me, all of you. I really owe it to you guys," Harry said gratefully. "a butterbeer will do!" Penny suggested.

you guys spent the rest of the day hanging out in the courtyard chatting and playing board games. 

After you all parted your ways after dinner, you and Penny decide to head back to the common room.

on the way there Penny was keeping you updated on the recent gossips, well other gossips besides Harry's downfall. It's quite impressive how Penny could hang out with Harry openly, yet still her social status remained unharmed.

You both got caught up in the piping hot tea that you accidentally almost ran into Cedric. "Heading to bed already?" He tried to put on his best smile. Penny nodded whilst you just started to walk pass him. 

No other words were exchanged as Penny followed you quietly back to your shared dorm.

you guys pretended like nothing had happened and went to sleep. 

Penny fell asleep instantly, whilst you tossed and turned. You groaned at the annoyance of not being able to sleep. But eventually you drifted off, but oh did you regret it.

It looked like you were being pulled into a whirlpool of memories. Whose memories are these?? wait, are they even a memory?? 

Just then you saw a blurred out vision. A creature, skin pale as the moon, with it's beady black eyes. The creature looked weak.. yet somehow still threatening.

"Avada kedavra!"

the figured yelled in a cracked voice, saying the spell many feared most of. 

Within seconds, a green flashing light struck you, awakening you from your sleep drenched in cold sweat. panting, sweating, eyes wondering, you sat up in complete shock.

You steadied your breathing as you covered your pale face with both of your hands. It's been ages since you had a nightmare.

you look to your left and was relived you let out no sound loud enough to awake Penny from her deep slumber. Tired, but too scared to fall asleep, you decided to head to the one place you always do when u needed to think or get away.

You got out of bed. The cold floor creaked beneath your feet. You carefully made it out of your dorm, then out of your common room.

you quickly head to the astronomy tower,