Chapter 18 || Connections

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

It was a rainy afternoon at Hogwarts. You and Penny were in the astronomy tower taking a break from practicing your powers.

"Do you want to go out in the rain?" Penny asked all of the sudden. You chuckled, slightly interested "what?" You asked her with a grin on your face.

Penny grabbed your hand and took you to the courtyard. You looked at each other with an are you ready? Kind of look and you both ran in the rain. Laughing and splashing around while your clothes were getting soaked.

You both had some fun under the rain, neither of you wanted to leave so you both sat under the big tree.

"Do you think we'll get in trouble?" Penny asked. "Of course we are," You scoffed. She looked at you with a wide smirk and laughed.

You both started telling stories and gossiping under the rain.

But you suddenly felt like someone was watching over you from a distance. Your eyes wondered around to see where the source was. As you looked up the astronomy tower, you saw a silvered hair boy.

Penny saw your gaze locked on something and followed to where it was.

Once both you and him locked eyes, he waved a small paper that looked old. "I'll go back inside while you go talk to him." Penny said. You were unsure, but Penny looked at you with a reassuring smile.

Penny left and you teleported to the staircase of the tower.

He felt your presence behind him. He didn't seem even the slightest shocked or confused, seems like he already knows about your teleportation.

as he turned around, he handed you the paper he waved. "You left this," He said. Before you could take it with your wet hands, he flicked his wrist back.

"You'll get the picture wet," He said, reminding you. "Right.. Do you mind holding on to it for a little?" He nodded to your request.

"It's getting late, you'll catch a cold. Come look for it tomorrow," He told you, without changing his expression. You agreed as he walked closer to you. He took of his black coat and draped it on you, before leaving the tower.

You watched as his figure disappears slowly.

You teleported back to your dorm to find Penny brushing out her long blonde hair. Penny saw you from the mirror reflection and told you to go wash up before you get sick.

Once you got into warmer clothes, Penny helped dry your hair.

"I scheduled a hangout session with the trio tomorrow cause we all haven't been in touch with each other for a while," Penny said brushing out your hair. "That's great, I've missed them a lot."

You and Penny talked through the night until you both fell asleep.

The next day you got ready to go meet your friends. You've all agreed to meet at the great hall. You were a little late, so you quickly collected your belongings and went straight to the great hall. You saw all your friends already there, chattering.

"Y/n!" Harry said once he spot you walking towards them. Hermione stood up and gave you a big hug. "We've missed you y/n," Ron said with his usual wide smile.

You all got ready to leave, but before you guys started walking you saw Draco in the corner of your eye.

"I'll be right back," You said leaving them as you went to the Slytherin's table.

"Morning, Malfoy."

You gave him back his coat as he returned the picture as promised.

"I'm assuming you still don't have an answer as to why my parents are standing next to yours?" He said in a low voice. You shook your head. Draco looked away from you and said, "library, tomorrow after school. I'll give you the answers you need." You nodded your head in response and said your goodbyes, before leaving him.

Once you caught up to your friends, you all decided where to hang out.

"At the end of the covered bridge there is a small stone gazebo with benches. Outside of it is the Sundial Garden." Penny suggested. You all thought it was perfect.

All five of you sat down on the green grass. You all then started talking on what the other missed out on. Exchanging laughs.

"So y/n, what was that with Malfoy back there?" Harry asked. The aura suddenly felt awkward as you could sense that they were worried as they didn't like Draco. "Oh, he just gave me back something I dropped yesterday," You said.

"And why were you holding his coat?" Ron asked in curiosity. "Aahh.. Long story short he lend it to me yesterday so i won't catch a cold," You answered quite nervously.

"Doesn't seem like Malfoy at all, be careful Y/n, he might be doing it on purpose cause he wants something for you." Hermione said as she gave you a disapproving look.

Penny then broke out the tense and gave everyone the cupcakes she baked. "Be careful, they're enchanted cupcakes!" Penny said slyly. She laughed watching Harry float, and laughed harder when she saw Ron's face turn red. "BLOODY HELL PENNY THESE ARE SPICY!!" Ron screamed, scattering for water.

Penny couldn't stop laughing. And as revenge, you and Hermione threw food at her. That's how a big food fight began.

It was lovely catching up with your friends again.

As the sun went down, you all said goodbye and parted your ways. You and Penny head back to the common room. You both stayed near the fire place with other fellow Hufflepuffs.

Penny made you more open to meeting new people, especially your own house mates.

After a few hours of chatting with other Hufflepuffs, "lights out!" The perfect said. You and Penny head back to your dorm. You sat on the bed and pulled out a book you always carried around. It was a book full of important notes and things you have to get done.

-
To do:

1) Herbology Homework
2) Return potions book to Library
3) Meet draco after school
-

"What are you doing with draco after school?" Penny asked reading your book from behind you. "He said i could ask him some question about the picture," You said pulling out the picture of you and Draco's parents. "You'll finally have answers about your parents." Penny looked at you with a happy smile.

"Yeah.. Finally.. I can be closer to finding out who my parents are.. "

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇