Chapter 15 || What is going on?

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

months have passed since that incident during the Triwizard Tournament. You, Harry, and Cedric had no luck convincing anyone that Voldemort was back. Of course no one but Hermione, Ron, Penny, and Mattheo. 

You all would have a small gathering discussing what you all could do if Voldemort eventually comes to Hogwarts.

You can't rely on other people but each other during these times.

Though, in your small gatherings, Mattheo would be nowhere to be found. He would also often dodge or go silent to questions about the return of The Dark Lord.

A lot of you didn't really think much of it since you all thought he was just uncomfortable talking about his father. but that soon turned your suspicions on, yet you kept quiet.

During the feast that night, Professor Dumbledore had some news regarding a new professor who will be our new DADA teacher.

Dolores Umbridge, someone apart of the Ministry Harry told you about. Once again, a new DADA teacher that you doubt would be an average teacher.

one could only dream to once have a normal DADA teacher.

at the feast you all saw the awkwardness when Professor Umbridge kept on interrupting Dumbledore's speech with one of her own, it was almost laughable.

once she started talking, you immediately rolled your eyes knowing you aren't gonna like this one either. you rest your head on your hand, "I miss Professor Lupin already, bring him back for dear Lord!" you whispered to Penny.

She let out a little chuckle before Cedric nudged you, signaling the woman in all pink heard what you said. she gave you a stare with a forced smile, but you couldn't care less, you just grinned back and shrugged it off.

You turned your head to the Slytherin table to see Mattheo also not paying attention, but he looked uneasy. was he sick? he looked really pale. you decided to ask him later after dinner.

but when dinner finally ended, you couldn't find him anywhere. Not even in your usual meet up spots. 

feeling tired yourself, you just decided to go back to your dorm and rest. Thinking maybe you'll just ask him tomorrow.

the next day you saw him sitting alone in the library and you approached him. "Morning love, I was looking for you the other night." you sat down in front of him.

"oh, why? did you need something?" you felt rather confuse, "does a girl need an excuse to see her boyfriend? anyways i was just worried, you look overworked and you look paler than usual." he gave you a soft smile, "well i appreciate your concern," he slowly got up "but I'm fine. i just have a lot of things to get done." he gave you a small kiss on your forehead before leaving without another word. 

You were baffled at this point.

Somethings not right.

"do you guys notice how Mattheo's been acting really weird these days?" you took a seat next to Hermione at the Gryffindor's table. "i just said the same thing about Malfoy," Hermione said.

"What is going on?" was the question no one could answer but everyone asked. 

You start to notice Mattheo slowly growing more distant. He seem to be.. Avoiding you. At your end, it was hard to even catch up to him. One minute he's there, the next he's gone. Everytime you both made eye contact, he would look away instantly.

"Have i said or maybe done something wrong..? "

the next few days wasn't peachy either. not to mention how everything from Hogwarts itself is crumbling down both metaphorically and literally.