Chapter 7 || Headache

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

A few days have passed now. Once again, as of every year, you've already settled in Hogwarts, but now the only difference is the fact your in your 5th. 

Though something about this term just didn't sit right with you. You've been having trouble sleeping and focusing way more than usual. Every year you grew more and more curious as to what happened with your parents. With your grandparents gone and school life getting harder, it just added up to your stress. Those thoughts kept you up all night. 

"Y/n are you alright? you've got dark circles under your eyes, you should really sleep more," Penny asked you in concern. "It's just odd how I start getting dreams of my parents now that my grandparents are gone." you let out a small yawn and stretched your arms out.

"I thought your parents died in a car accident?" Penny said rather puzzled. 

"That's what my grandparents told me, but something in me says it's rubbish, and my dreams of them aren't making it any better." You slump into your seat.

You couldn't be mad that your grandparents tried to hide it from you as you also thought it may be better for your childhood. But now that you're older, you felt the need to know the truth about your parents. Well what now? with your grandparents gone how could you ever find out??

Never mind, you and Penny left that thought and decided to continue the conversation later during lunch as you both parted ways to take different class. "I promise we'll look for a way, okay? see you after class." She stroke your hair as an act of reassurance, you nodded in response and waved goodbye to Penny.

You had charms class first thing in the morning with your Gryffindor friends. 

Entering the classroom, you immediately see the golden trio, as always. Hermione waved to you as you approach them, "hey y/n, I heard about your grandparents. are you alright?" she asked with a frown on her face.

"I'm doing alright, they're in a better place now. But there is something that has been bothering me." you take a pause to see if they were interested in what you are gonna say. 

"go on.." Harry said softly.

"well I was just wondering about my parents.. I've been having dreams about them lately," you started, trying to put pieces of your dreams together. 

"Your parents? I thought you said they died in a car crash?" Ron asked confusingly. Hermione quickly nudged his arm because of his lack of sensitivity. 

"That's what I mean, I'm starting to think the things I've been told is all a cover up. I have a feeling that my grandparents thought I was too young to know. But now that they're gone, I don't know how I can ever figure out the truth," you rambled. 

"Have you tried asking Penny for advice?" Harry suggested. "She said we'll talk about it after class," you said turning your gaze to the floor.

"Have you tried looking through your grandparents stuff?" Ron asked. 

Everyone looked at him at his sudden brilliant idea. "Oh my days, a decent idea actually came out of your dumb mouth," Harry joked to lighten up he mood.

"That actually could help, your grandparents must've left something for you to figure it out on your own. And if they didn't I'm sure there would be some items of memories from the past," Hermione continued Ron's idea. 

"Well.. I could definitely try to look for something, I have nothing to lose really. but I guess I do have to wait till next holiday. Thanks Ron," you say to them before Professor Flitwick started charms class.