Chapter 16 || The next problem

(Time skip)

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

your horrid fifth year is finally over.

Umbridge was finally gone, thank the lord.

the Diggory's took you in after Amos found out you spent Holidays alone, but you still stop by at your grandparents home once in a while to clean it up.

Cedric already graduated, and is out to look for a job after the holidays.

You and You're close friends would often send each other mail. Penny would usually stop by for dinner as her parents and the Diggory's were very good friends.

As for Mattheo, well after a few months, as any other human being, you got over him, maybe not completely.. Well, definitely not completely.. But you've managed to put it in the back of the shelf.

The holiday came to an end, back to Hogwarts it is. Arriving there on the station, and seeing your friends again, you felt quite happy. You all got in the train and started to talk about thing going on in their lives after the D.A incident. you started to feel really bad, you didn't even know half of the things that happened to your friends cause you were to busy sobbing over Riddle.

"It's alright Y/n, we all have are own personal wars. But.. soon enough, we'll all be fighting for the same thing. Hogwarts," Harry said after you apologized. You gave out a small smile, yet you were confused of your emotions. you were, worried.. exhausted.. happy.. sad.. it was everything in one. 

after you arrived at Hogwarts, they had the usual welcoming new students and old students. you excused yourself from dinner to take a breather.

you knew you won't be abled to function well when you're confused, so you made up your mind. You took a deep breath, "You know what? i don't care anymore, as long as I'm with them, no matter what we go through, I'll be happy to be able to call them as my friends." you said to yourself.

you went to your dorm after dinner and plopped down on your bed. "feels quite nice to be back honestly," you said laying on your back as you looked up at the well painted roof.

"as much as I'm terrified of what's going to happen, i have to admit it is nice to be back at Hogwarts." Penny said sitting next to you on your bed. "hey, whatever it is we are going to go through, we'll go through it together, just like you said." you said cheering her up. "I guess you're right," she said laying down next to you.

Things at Hogwarts was a little more tense now as the return of the dark lord was proven right. this is a lot for the trio, so you and Penny tried to help whenever with whatever you can. There was so much to think about that at one point you even started to forget about Riddle. it was for the best, at least that's what everyone tells you.

Luckily this year you and Penny had similar time tables, so you don't usually feel alone. in the day you would attend classes, in the afternoon you would be in the library finishing homework, and at night you would be in the astronomy tower practicing spells or writing mail for Cedric or Amos. 

honestly, when you and Mattheo were done, you never wanted to go to the places you used to go to with him, as every memory of him at that certain place lingered.

But now, those places have been overlapped with other memories, accept for one place..

besides, you were to busy practicing spells or potions so you could help out during these times. 

"are you up for brewing potions later tonight at the astronomy tower again?" Of course Penny said yes, she had a real passion for brewing potions. not to mention that she also had the talents. "great, I'll meet you later tonight. I got to head to the library to check out some stuff." you waved her goodbye before leaving. 

you were looking for a more advanced book of potions, but of course the last copy was being used. you decided to just look for another useful book, when a certain book caught your eye. looked rather interesting, you opened the book, "hmm, 'this book belongs to the half-blood prince'  laughable, but interesting.. i suppose i could lend it to Harry, he'd like this i suppose." you asked the librarian to let you know once the potions book was available before leaving. 

after lending the book to Harry, you went up to meet Penny. you both had a a little competition and as expected, Penny won. the rest of the night, she gave you some pointers on how to improve. you both lost track of time, but thank god the Hufflepuff prefect came to remind you guys it was time to go back. back to your dorm, Penny went to get ready for bed.

while you wait for her to come back, you sat on your bed when you realized that there was something on top of your night stand that wasn't there before. the potion book you were looking for was there.

"Hey Penny! did you check the potion book i was talking about?" you yelled out so she could hear from the washroom. "No, not yet!" she yelled back.

strange, very strange. the book had a lot of sticky notes that was marking specific paragraphs. you just assumed maybe you had checked it out a few days ago and had forgotten. and maybe the sticky notes were from someone who was borrowing the book before you. 

it had been a long day so you wouldn't be surprise if what you thought happened was the truth and you have just forgotten about it. you finally washed up and when you were done, you saw that Penny had  already fallen asleep. you stepped into your bed and dozed off without another thought.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇