Chapter 12 || The Yule Ball

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

**flashback**

You, Penny, and Hermione had the same class so you three walked together, joined with Harry and Ron. 

"I wonder who Harry and Ron are going with to the Yule Ball, now that Hermione is going with Viktor Krum," Penny said flashing her eyebrows up and down at Hermione as you both sat a few rows in front of her. "well, Cho is going to the ball with Cedric so Harry definitely isn't going with her." 

You both shrugged and started to do your class assignments per usual.

Halfway through getting your work the Professor gave you guys, Fred was seen asking Angeline Johnson to the ball with him and by the looks of it he for sure got the date. "Check it out, Fred's got a date!" you nudged Penny.

but just as she lifted her head, Hermione stormed out of her seat, handed her work over and walk out of that classroom full of rage.

"Something's not right.. " Penny sighed.

of course concerned, you and Penny quickly finished your works and went out to see what happened with Hermione.

You caught up with Hermione and you three sat under a tree in a courtyard. Hermione was annoyed and Ron was jealous. She expected Ron to ask her to the ball, but he didn't until he had no options. Which Hermione got annoyed of as she felt like she was a "no better option."

"Tch, their loss! Anyone that succeeds in taking Hermione Granger on a date is one lucky man, " You said, crossing your arms.

You both felt really bad and tried to cheer Hermione up by talking about the dresses you guys wanted to wear to the ball. Hermione said she's going dress shopping with Ginny and Luna.

"Care to join us?" She offered.

You softly declined as you remembered that your grandmother saved up a dress your mom used to love very much, and asked you to wear it at least once for her to see. you knew you couldn't show her and you we're quite sad about it, but you wanted to keep your promise and wear it at least once.

You asked permission to go back to your house and get your dress a few days before the ball. Thank God McGonagall was nice enough to let you go.

You went back with Penny as she did asked if she could come as she wanted to see your house for the first time. "very nice place you have!" she said looking around.

"it feels odd.. without grandma and grandpa," you said feeling the house very empty. Penny comforted you as you both spotted a box that contained your mothers dress.

You opened the box and pulled out a beautiful velvet dress, charming and elegant, but of course still appropriate.

you went to a full body mirror to see how it would look like on you. "It would look absolutely stunning on you, Y/n!" Penny said from behind you.

"Y/n, something fell out of it." Penny picked up an old photo. "Look it's the same dress, so I'm assuming that must've been your mother?" she said handing you the picture.

you've haven't seen your parents' faces in a long time so you were a little stunned. You knew exactly that the two people on the left were your parents, as your mother was wearing the dress and you looked a lot like your father.

but the two people on the right side.. familiar looking faces..

"oh, your parents were friends with the Malfoys?"

Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy, the wealthy, pure-blood parents of Draco Malfoy. You never interacted with him as you found him a little annoying and u knew all the things he did to your friends.