Chapter 6 || Back to Hogwarts

Now that the introductions are done, time skips. This is now Y/n's 5th year in Hogwarts. She's currently the age of 16 and so is her friends.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

You finally arrived at Hogwarts after a long train ride. The place you always looked forward to going every year. You sat in your usual spot in the Great Hall. 

"Hey y/n! had good holls?" said the voice you've been longing to hear.

"Penny! hi, holiday without grandma and grandpa was a little lonely, but I managed." You smiled to her. "Yeah, sorry about your grandparents, there in a better place now..-" She placed hand on top of yours.

"-You're always welcome to spend this years holiday with my family if you want," she offered, trying to cheer you up. "I'll definitely think about it, thanks Penny."

Yeah.. so your grandparents both passed away due to their old age. You spent half of your holiday alone. Of course you were very sad of their passing, they were the only family you had left.

With that, you both start eating your dinner and chat, per usual. 

Penny told you all about the new gossips going around. "I told you so! look at him now, he has almost all of the girls here head over heels for him," Penny said looking at Mattheo who had quite a few girls following him around like a bodyguard. 

"Yes yes, I guess you had been right about what you said in our first year. Awh, we were so little back then," you said agreeing to her statement about Riddle, though you felt a little uneasy with that sight.

Mattheo was now popular, even with his fathers background info, he wasn't all that bad looking and often used his charm to get his way of things. you thought it was quite idiotic of him, but you guess it wasn't the worst idea. He managed to steal the hearts of people around school, making everyone forget anything and everything about his father.

"Though I wouldn't say he's as close to popular as our Hufflepuff Prince," Penny continued, winking at you. "Cedric Diggory, right? he's alright I suppose. I actually never really had an interaction with him, I don't think."

Cedric was in his 7th year, Hufflepuff prefect, quidditch team seeker, good grades, good looks; he was honestly close to perfection.

To be quite blunt, you've never had an interaction with people besides Penny, Mattheo, and the Golden trio, let alone someone who was older than you. You weren't really that shy, nor did you have problems making new friends, it's just that you've felt enough with the friends you had as of right now.

You both finished dinner and head to your dorm that you shared with her since first year. 

After saying your goodnights to each other, you tucked yourself in. But hours pass of just tossing and turning, you couldn't even shut your eyes for ten seconds. 

You tossed yourself on to your back and t=stared at the ceiling, letting out a small grunt of annoyance. 

You looked over at your nightstand. On top of it sat a picture frame of you and your grandparents. You quietly took it and brought it up to your chest, holding it close to your slow beating heart. 

It was quite late and Penny had already dozed off before you so you couldn't really confide with her. At night during the lonely holidays after your grandparents passing, you would climb up to the roof of your house and talk to your grandparents through the stars, you knew how cliché it was but it always helps you fall asleep better. 

So you decided to sneak out to the astronomy tower to talk to them.

You slowly made your way out of your bed and walked over to the door. A small creak came out as you opened the door. You checked to make sure you hadn't awoke Penny, before dashing out.