Chapter 3 || Road to Hogwarts

This chapter is also short, as it is only an introduction to a certain someone.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

A few weeks have passed since you went to Diagon Alley. You and Hermione have kept in touch with each other since that day, sending letters back and forth. Eventually it was the day you are finally  going to Hogwarts.

"Be careful, Y/n dear! and have fun," Your grandfather patted your head. Excited, you kissed your grandparents goodbye, and took a bus straight to the train station.

It was very normal for you to go out alone since you've been doing so from a little age so you were already quite used to it. But then the thought of leaving your grandparents for a long period of time still made you nervous.

Never mind that, you headed straight to the platform between 9 and 10, there you see a fellow wizarding family, a full house of gingers. you followed after them, going straight into the wall. 

"platform 9 3/4, very unusual but creative.. I like it!", you thought to yourself.

you were quite late so you hurried yourself on the train. 

You tried your best to spot that curly headed know it all, but no luck.. 

Seeing no signs of Hermione, you entered into what you thought was an empty compartment. Since almost everywhere else was full, You went in. 

But just as you stepped in, you saw someone was already in it who seemed to be resting so you quietly sat down.

"Pardon me, I hope you don't mind? everywhere else is full," you said keeping your voice down.

"Y/n Vermoox, correct?" he suddenly asked. 

You were rather taken by surprise. You didn't seem to find this familiar at first. 

"that would be correct, I'm sorry, do I know you?" You asked hesitantly

"you may not know me, but i figured well you know who my father is. My name is Mattheo Riddle." You let out a small gasp but it wasn't loud enough for him to hear. 

You didn't really want to offend him or judge him by his fathers actions as even with the same blood, you could be two completely different beings. You decided to well just shrug it off. 

You gave a second to take in his appearance, and that when it clicked!

"I saw you at Olivanders, am I right?" 

"Yes." 

And that was all that he said before the  swung door open. Both of your heads snapped to the entrance. 

"Has any of you seen a toad? A boy named Neville is looking for it," A familiar voice said.

"Hermione?" You were so happy to see her again. 

"Oh hello y/n, grandparents doing alright?" She asked with a warm smile. "Yeah they're alright," You answered nodding your head with a smile.

Her gaze turned to the third person and her expression changed, her eyes popping out of her skull. 

"I-I need to go, see you at Hogwarts Y/n," She said in a hurry before closing the door and leaving quickly. 

you thought nothing of it and took a good look at the boy who seemed to already dozed off. Pale skin, and sharp features he had. He looks very similar to Tom, well likely. 

"I'm not used to strangers staring at me while I'm sleeping," he said while still keeping a relaxed face, eyes still closed.

You were taken back, thinking he was passed out already. A little embarrassed you muttered a small "sorry."

with that, the rest of your ride there was full of silence. 

You yourself decided to get some energy back and fell asleep. 

once you've arrived at the black lake, Hermione came back to you and motion for you to join her and her friends. You eagerly nodded, showing her that you'll be right there.

You turned to Mattheo and said "I'll see you around, Riddle." before leaving the train with Hermione. 

You both walked together as she introduced 2 new friends whom she had met with in the train, Harry Potter and Ron Weasley. "Hello Harry, Hello Ron! I'm Y/n Vermoox, pleasure to meet both of you, " You said smiling as you all shook hands with each other.

you 4 then got on a boat and sailed towards the castle.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇