Chapter 4 || The First Night

More introduction..

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

You finally arrived at the extraordinarily large castle. 

Walking up loads of stairs with your three new friends and guided by none other than Professor McGonagall, you all were finally taken to the front doors of the Great Hall.

"Welcome to Hogwarts," said Professor McGonagall. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory, and spend free time in your house common room. The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule breaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup, a great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours." She explained.

All the first years were excited as they were chattering amongst themselves, asking each other what house they hopped to be in. You on the other hand didn't really mind as you thought going to Hogwarts itself is already good. 

Oh who are you kidding, you weren't paying any attention to all that.

"We are ready for you," Professor McGonagall said as she opened the giant doors and let us all in.

You entered the Great Hall in awed by everything in it. The floating candles, the stained windows, you studied all of the small details in the room as you walked with the rest of them. It was very breath taking to say the least.

All of the first years stood in the middle of the room, waiting for their names to be called as they would now be sorted. To be completely honest, you felt just a tad bit uncomfortable with how many people were staring.

 To be completely honest, you felt just a tad bit uncomfortable with how many people were staring

All three of your friends had already been sorted and they were all in Gryffindor. You started to get quite anxious since well you don't know anyone else other than those three. Hoping that maybe you could also be in Gryffindor with them.

"Y/n Vermoox." your name was finally called. you sat down as the put the sorting hat on you, 

"ah another Vermoox, haven't seen those eyes in a while, aye?  where shall I put you? hmmm... better be HUFFLEPUFF." the sorting hat has made its decision. the room filled with claps as you walked exitedly to the Hufflepuff table.

You sat next to a blonde, blue eyed girl who waved you over to her. 

"Y/n, right? I'm Penny Haywood," the girl said offering her hand. You shook her hand in response with warm smile, "pleasure to meet you, Penny." You both chatted while as the table was filled with all sorts of food.

Penny seemed to be the perfect companion for you!

Though in the middle of your chats you could feel someone starring. Just the thought sent shivers down your spine. 

You scanned the room to see if anyone was actually looking your way, and you met with the eyes of the person.

Riddle, what looked like he was scanning you, flashed you a toothy grin and gave you a small childish wave as your eyes met. Confused yet it did warm your heart a little, but you turned away as you thought he was probably waving to someone else. You shrugged it off and finished your meal.

once finished, you, Penny, and the rest of the Hufflepuffs followed a prefect into your common room.

The barrel entrance to the Hufflepuff common room was located in a nook on the right hand side of the kitchen corridor, concealed behind a stack of barrels. Unlike the other common rooms, entrance to the Hufflepuff one doesn't require a password. But it does require knowledge and precision. You need to tap the barrel two from the bottom in the middle of the second row, in the rhythm of Helga Hufflepuff. Done correctly, the lid will open and reveal a passageway for students to crawl through.

The common room looked quite cozy and homie

The common room looked quite cozy and homie. "I could definitely work with this." penny said nudging your arm.

You both were excited to look at the dorms so you both rushed to the girls dormitory. "This is incredible!! And I'm so glad we're roommates!" Penny said squealing.

"I'm glad too! We should definitely get ready for bed though, it's getting quite late, " You said choosing the bed next to hers. She nodded in response and you both got unready together.

You chatted with Penny a little before lights out. looking at the ceiling, feeling comfortable, you wondered how your grandparents are, but you were just too excited to be thinking about home. all the new experience, new friends. you were determine to have a good time there.

You hear the scrunches of the bed beside you. Penny turned to you and whispered, "I have a feeling that we'll get along quite well here." You smiled agreeing with her. "Good night Penny. "

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇