Chapter 8

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

It's been two days since the start of Hogwarts' fifth year mini holiday. You felt way more alive than usual. eugh you can't be bothered to remember how zombie-like you felt before this..

you've had enough rest from the other night and you now have lots of free time since you've finish most of your work. you weren't completely done but you thought you deserved a good day off!

Before you decide on what to do today, you wanted to go look for Cedric to give back his book.

You looked for him around the corridors, as he wasn't in the common room. You searched for him all around school and finally found him in the courtyard with a few of his friends.

"why does he always have to be around so many people.. awh fuck it, at least i don't look as bad as i did last time." You said to yourself.

you took a few steps forward.. ur legs wobbling..

"-Nope, nevermind." you continued your previous statement not even 5 seconds later.

You felt too uncomfortable to approach him around his friends so you decided to wait till later when he was alone.

"i suppose i could get some.. uhm.. water first(?) YEAH! i totally need water."

after a cup or maybe 5 of water,

The chance finally came as you saw him a little later walking in the hallways alone.

"Cedric!" you called out.

He turned around facing you "good morning, y/n."

"wow it's no longer 'ms. vermoox' anymore?" you mocked.

"nevermind, I wanted to give this back, It really helped." you handed back the book, "thank you."

"oh, happy to help!" he said, giving you a smile before taking the book. "Besides, I'm pretty sure I just saved professor Sprout from a heart attack." He teased.

"Oh don't even go there! it wasn't even all that bad." you rolled your eyes with one of your hand in front of his face.

"Hehe.. well, me and some other Hufflepuffs are going to Hogsmaede today. I think your friend, Penny, is coming along too. Care to join?" he added.

before you could give him an answer, you felt a hand grab your waist pulling you slightly to the side. Then you felt a body behind you, the shock causing you to tense up.

"Sorry, she has some plans today," a familiar voice said.

ain't. no. way.

His fingers lightly brushed up and down your waist and you could feel his chest on your back.

Your body froze but you forced yourself to turn your head back. To your horror, it was indeed, Mattheo, grinning as if he just got awarded at the grammys.

"alright then, I'll see you later," Cedric said, furrowing his eyebrows and putting his hands up defensively before leaving.

But even after Cedric left, the Slytherin still has his hands around you. Which cause a small fuss as you heard a couple of girls snickering behind a wall pointing at you.

"what do you think your doing??" you whisper-screamed.

he just shrugged and gave you that annoyingly cheeky smile.

"So you do want to go to Hogsmaede with me?" you crossed your arms and raised an eyebrow.

"Nah, I just wanted to see his reaction." he let go of you and ruffled the top of your head aggressively.