49. On the road again

A few months later (again)...
Y/n's POV*

I had been playing with Ozzy in the passenger seat of our car as we had almost arrived at the airport with Eddie. Eddie was flying out with me to London to be apart of this huge band out there since they wanted him to be their guitarist since the previous guy left. So I would be a stay at home mom for a little while for Ozzy so we could get on our feet again.

"Peekaboo!" I shrieked as Ozzy giggles loudly.

I began to tickle Ozzy's feet and kiss his tummy in love while Eddie held Ozzy's hand. Ozzy held his hand back but really just held his pinkie finger. Eddie's hands were so big compared to Ozzy's entire head- Ozzy's head was almost like a softball compared to Eddie's hand which was funny.

"Hey, once we get to London and everything, I swear to you, our lives are gonna be so much different and better. We graduated, we're moving together, we have a baby boy together, I promise you that we will stay together." Eddie told me.

I smiled and kissed his cheek and continued to play with Ozzy as he still held Eddie's pinkie. But as we arrived to the airport, I began to help Eddie unload a few suitcases as we made our way inside; straight to the security line.

••• a huge leap

We finally made it to London together as it was dusk and me and Eddie both were very tired. Me and Eddie bought a small apartment with the left over money we had and straight away tried finding jobs but I applied for a university for journalism but I was still waiting for a response back. Eddie and I both began to move into our apartment with Ozzy but as we were, Eddie seemed hesitant about something.

"Eddie? You okay?" I asked.

He nodded, "I just uhhh...I was just wondering if you wanted a second little kid?"

I smiled, "that would be great- but let's wait, okay?"

He nods as well both continued to unpack stuff and talk. We had unpacked a Walkman from Eddie's backpack so we unplugged the headphones and played some music while we did but just a few hours later, rain began to slap on the roof with thuds and pounds. We didn't really have anything to sleep on except for a blanket and two pillows so we made so of what we had and kept Ozzy in his small little basket with a comfy blanket and pillow for him.

•••

I had woken up to hear Ozzy crying so I yawned and took him out of his basket and began to cradle him and shush him back to sleep. Once I did, I laid him back down in his basket but then just as I was about to lay down, Eddie grabbed me and sucked me into his chest like a stuffed animal. I turned into him and faced him while we cuddled- he was honestly cold but the blankets helped keep me warm. I became tired again and fell right back to sleep.

•••

I had been working all day to get a bed and furniture for the apartment but it had been so busy out it was hard to. Eddie was out as well, talking to a studio or whatever for a band but since he couldn't look after Ozzy, I had to take Ozzy with me so it made it even more difficult. I was struggling to reach something off a shelf in the furniture store so someone helped me. I turned to see that someone was a tall man with neat cut blonde hair, glasses, a dark blue sweatshirt with a white button up underneath (collar out), black jeans, converse shoes, and a nice smile, with blue eyes.

"You look like you needed help." His British accent said.

I nod with a welcoming smile, "yes, I did- thank you though!"

"Of course. My name is Ben by the way." He said.

I smiled, "nice to meet you Ben. I'm Y/n and this is Ozzy."

I lifted Ozzy's arm and waved it as if Ozzy was waving to him. Ben chuckled and waved back and he stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"I couldn't help but notice you from the other side of the aisle- you seemed very beautiful and young to be a mother. And a- wife?"

I shook my head, "almost! In a week or so me and my fiancé are getting married."

Ben nods as he smiled again, "well, what's your soon to be husband like?"

I smirked, "A metal head. Long curly brown hair, brown eyes, tall, nice figure, charming, sweet, very skilled guitarist, and the father of my son."

Ben shrugs, "how lovely- you said guitarist? And a metal head?"

I nod, "yes- why?"

"My buddies are in a band and looking for a guitarist- they play rock music so if your soon to be husband was wanting an interview he could have one possibly?" Ben suggested.

I nod, "that would be nice- where at?"

"Our studio." He stated.

I nod and got the address the the place as Ben walked away and I bought what I needed just before leaving. Eddie was home sooner than expected but had our bed set up in our room so I told him the news and gave him the address to which he was happier than I could had imagined. So me and Eddie finished building this crib for Ozzy in our room and set him in with his pillow and blanket just as we ate some dinner, fed Ozzy, got ready for bed, and headed to sleep together as I seemed to sleep better than I had the past few months. I just never really had slept the best...

"...you seem to be smarter than I thought you were." Dad told me.

I shrug, "is that good or bad?"

He smiled, "it's a good thing, child. But the thing is- I'm just a little smarter."

That's when dad knocked down my king and smirked at me. This was our 8th game of chess and he beat me again. I groan and reset the board.

"You can't play harder, only smarter. Because you'll get further like that than anything." Dad assured me.

I got so mad I forced him to see that I was still sitting there playing with him but I got up and left, going back yo my room and sitting on my bed. I laid down and reached for my drawings but my papers caught fire and burned to a crisp. I sighed and took in deep breaths before grabbing another piece of paper and began to draw. I drew myself with a crown with the caption, 'winner'.

.